Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Saudia split booking options

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2018, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

Saudia split booking options

Hi all (if anyone) who'd have an experience with Saudia/Alfursan. Because they don't offer award tickets for more than one segment (except first), their support via email only knows how to send copy/paste message that you should call them, calling to Saudi Arabia doesn't work at all, and their US line staff only has the same booking system which is in the website (meaning awards on other carriers are totally impossible), I ended up booking two separate tickets DXB-RUH and RUH-MLE. Transit time is under 12 hours with no other stops in KSA, which should be fine in terms of visa regulations, but...how about the luggage? Is it going to go through or am I gonna need to re-check it in? Could this be a problem in RUH? After quite ugly experience with WY (probably outsourced, staff on board was great) check-in staff in DXB I'd like to come a bit better prepared this time:-)

Thank you all who's able to say something to this topic.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by brumbrum
Hi all (if anyone) who'd have an experience with Saudia/Alfursan. Because they don't offer award tickets for more than one segment (except first), their support via email only knows how to send copy/paste message that you should call them, calling to Saudi Arabia doesn't work at all, and their US line staff only has the same booking system which is in the website (meaning awards on other carriers are totally impossible), I ended up booking two separate tickets DXB-RUH and RUH-MLE. Transit time is under 12 hours with no other stops in KSA, which should be fine in terms of visa regulations, but...how about the luggage? Is it going to go through or am I gonna need to re-check it in? Could this be a problem in RUH? After quite ugly experience with WY (probably outsourced, staff on board was great) check-in staff in DXB I'd like to come a bit better prepared this time:-)

you should be able to through check the luggage , especially as you will be in transit at RUH .
Old Aug 18, 2018, 6:32 am

After arrival go to transfer desk and tell them about your luggage. I hope they are helpfull. Good luck and let us know please
Old Aug 19, 2018, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Doesn't look optimistic. Was calling their us line since calling into saudi arabia since doesn't work (interrupted all the time after few seconds) and Mohammed told me:
1. you'll have to collect the luggage and re-check it.
Then I told him that the luggage belt is behind the immigration, so no access without a visa.
2. he switched to: you can't travel at all and need to cancel those two reservations and book the new one. But there's no availability.
After I asked him three times if I can use these tickets with no luggage and he told me three times no and three times was not able to tell me why, I realised he probably doesn't understand english, despite telling me he's in LA office. Finally he gave me a (saudi=impossible to call there) number to the airport, as if the airport was deciding if you can check it through. No surprise after reading all the reviews of saudia, but still dunno what to expect and as I'm arriving in DWC, can't ask the DXB check in staff in advance. Adventure. Hope it's gonna be fine at least with no luggage:-)
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:28 am

Doesn't look optimistic. Was calling their us line since calling into saudi arabia since doesn't work (interrupted all the time after few seconds) and Mohammed told me:
1. you'll have to collect the luggage and re-check it.
Then I told him that the luggage belt is behind the immigration, so no access without a visa.
2. he switched to: you can't travel at all and need to cancel those two reservations and book the new one. But there's no availability.
After I asked him three times if I can use these tickets with no luggage and he told me three times no and three times was not able to tell me why, I realised he probably doesn't understand english, despite telling me he's in LA office. Finally he gave me a (saudi=impossible to call there) number to the airport, as if the airport was deciding if you can check it through. No surprise after reading all the reviews of saudia, but still dunno what to expect and as I'm arriving in DWC, can't ask the DXB check in staff in advance. Adventure. Hope it's gonna be fine at least with no luggage:-)
Mohammed bin Salman the crown prince working for Saudia and answering customer service calls ? Now that is leading by example ! Good on him !
Old Aug 21, 2018, 6:42 am

Call them in saudi Arabia. They speak english.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 2:44 pm

brumbrum, have you completed your trip?
Were you able to get your baggage through checked if u did check any in?
Im in a similar boat where I have 2 separate reservations but both on Saudia ( 1st one in J, second in F) and want to through check my bags (5 hour transit in JED)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.