KQ Schedule Change

Old Aug 2, 18, 9:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA / DL
KQ Schedule Change

KQ just schedule changed ADD-NBO to a few hours later with a JIB stop; I'm flying ADD-JFK and my e-ticket was just reissued with the ADD-NBO flight departing after the NBO-JFK departure (God bless KQ RM).

Any idea what options are for KQ schedule changes like this? There's more KQ frequencies from ADD-NBO but that would have me departing ADD 12 hours earlier with a 12 hour layover in NBO, which I'm really not keen on (unless someone wants to post why 12 hours in NBO would be fun??). Do they reroute Skyteam or other airlines (though nobody really flies out of ADD at a great time)? Would they be lenient on date changes here as well (what about on the return flight a month or so later, since I can lump that in with this free change)?
Old Aug 3, 18, 6:39 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by acmys View Post
KQ just schedule changed ADD-NBO to a few hours later with a JIB stop; I'm flying ADD-JFK and my e-ticket was just reissued with the ADD-NBO flight departing after the NBO-JFK departure (God bless KQ RM).

Any idea what options are for KQ schedule changes like this? There's more KQ frequencies from ADD-NBO but that would have me departing ADD 12 hours earlier with a 12 hour layover in NBO, which I'm really not keen on (unless someone wants to post why 12 hours in NBO would be fun??). Do they reroute Skyteam or other airlines (though nobody really flies out of ADD at a great time)? Would they be lenient on date changes here as well (what about on the return flight a month or so later, since I can lump that in with this free change)?
I would just call their local office (NYC I guess for you) and explain what happened. They would definitely be able to change to an earlier flight at no charge but there is no obligation to do a change without a fee but it never hurts to ask nicely since they are processing a change and reissuing the ticket. There are things you could do in Nairobi for 12 hours especially if you've never been and I'd be happy to recommend stuff. It's home for me so I would probably just spend the day eating at my favourite places haha.
Old Aug 6, 18, 3:49 am

I'm surprised your ticket was just reissued and you haven't received any e-mail from their customer service first, either way I tend to agree, plenty to do in NBO for 12hrs

Search this Thread