Time needed for ET to process UA award booking

Old Jul 30, 18, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Time needed for ET to process UA award booking

I just booked an award on UA for travel exclusively ot ET. I have the ET PNR and the e-ticket numbers and receipt. I get an error on the ET site when I try to retrieve the booking on their site.

Since this was just booked about an hour ago I am assuming there is some processing that needs to happen behind the scenes between UA and ET.

Any estimate on how long I need to wait and when I should follow up with UA if I do not see the ET booking or the ET site?

TIA

Update: Never Mind! It just showed up on the ET US site.

Last edited by cheltzel; Jul 30, 18 at 7:07 pm
Old Jul 31, 18, 2:38 am

It is pretty much instantaneous. Once you have the ET PNR and the ticket numbers, it is a live PNR and ET can manage it for seat assignments, etc..

If you have an issue with seeing something on the ET website, try using Tripcase.com which can pull up all SABRE linked PNRs. Alternatively, the ET App (for Android at least) is very versatile.
Old Jul 31, 18, 4:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by B747-437B View Post
It is pretty much instantaneous. Once you have the ET PNR and the ticket numbers, it is a live PNR and ET can manage it for seat assignments, etc..

If you have an issue with seeing something on the ET website, try using Tripcase.com which can pull up all SABRE linked PNRs. Alternatively, the ET App (for Android at least) is very versatile.
It just seemed to take a couple of hours to appear. No big deal. Once it did assigning seats was a breeze. IMO a much better executed customer facing website than some other *A carriers (specifically TK's and SA's).

My ET PNR imported to TripCase just fine ... I didn't know they were Sabre based I thought they were Amadeus.
B747-437B likes this.

Last edited by cheltzel; Jul 31, 18 at 4:45 am
Old Jul 31, 18, 5:24 am

Originally Posted by cheltzel View Post
I didn't know they were Sabre based I thought they were Amadeus.
ET migrated from SITA to SABRE back around 2005 and have been one of SABRE's flagship carriers since then.
Old Aug 2, 18, 11:00 am

I have trouble with ET's American site pulling up my booking too. If I change my country to Ethiopia with the language still English it works slightly better.
Old Aug 2, 18, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dan9124 View Post
I have trouble with ET's American site pulling up my booking too. If I change my country to Ethiopia with the language still English it works slightly better.
I thought it was like that for me (except the other way around). I had problems with the ET global/English site and it worked when I switched to the US/English site. But I immediately switched back to the global/English site and then it worked there as well.

So I think that for my reservation it just took something like 90 minutes to process and make its way all the way through UA's and ET's internal processes.
Old Aug 6, 18, 9:36 am

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM
I just booked two UA Award flights on ET and they were confirmed within minutes. I was even able to go to ET's website and book seats in J. It was very, very quick. If you are not getting confirmation back I would call UA.

Search this Thread