Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oman Air Transit question & LHR Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2018, 5:38 am
Original Poster

Oman Air Transit question & LHR Lounge

Flying Oman LHR-BKK next Feb in J. When transiting Muscat is there a security check when arriving, or do we simply just enter the terminal without. If security, is there a fast track for J/F to speed things up. At LHR am I correct in thinking that the dedicated lounge is Gulf ? Many thanks in advance...
Old Jul 23, 2018, 2:28 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Tit, Accor Plat
I've never boarded at LHR, but I've transited the new airport a few times. There is a security check when you transit at MCT, and you should be given a fast-track invitation when you check-in. You scan your boarding pass to access the security check (I've never seen a queue for that) and there is a fast-track lane in the centre which just deposits you at the front of the queue. The last few times I've been in transit there have hardly been any queues and the fast-track was roped off by a tensabarrier (but you can just open it yourself and go through if it's not open). I've always had very quick and easy transits so far but I may just have been lucky. Then you can go upstairs to the lounges. If you have Priority Pass then the Primeclass lounge is worth checking out, as well as the Oman Air lounge. Oman Air tend to give you a lot of paperwork: at my last check-in I was given two boarding passes,, two lounge invites, and two fast-track invites. Priority boarding at MCT can be shambolic. It's not indicated anywhere so be prepared to force your way up to the front, or (better) board late.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 5:00 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the info re transit. Anybody have info on LHR lounge ? Ta
Old Jul 25, 2018, 5:01 am
Original Poster

Old Jul 25, 2018, 5:28 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by elansear
You could have had your answer 48 hours ago by looking at the airline's website or the Heathrow website ...
Old Aug 5, 2018, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
You could have had your answer 48 hours ago by looking at the airline's website or the Heathrow website ...
Thank you so much for your post... I am trying to get peoples feeling for the lounge, I do search for information before asking such a question, I know its Gulf just looking for peoples opinion of it. Thank you again for your kind comment...
Old Aug 6, 2018, 4:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by elansear
Thank you so much for your post... I am trying to get peoples feeling for the lounge, I do search for information before asking such a question, I know its Gulf just looking for peoples opinion of it. Thank you again for your kind comment...
Here you go...

Gulf Air Lounge Reviews | SKYTRAX

You don't ask, but he lounge at New Seeb is a cracker.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.