Royal Jordanian partner award booking question

Old Jul 12, 18, 6:30 am
Original Poster

Royal Jordanian partner award booking question

Hey everyone,

Longtime lurker, first time poster. I'm an international teacher, and I'll soon be moving to Jordan to teach. I was wondering about the Royal Jordanian Royal Plus program. I've done a lot of research, but I haven't found any real info of using Royal Plus miles to book awards on partners. For example, on their website it says that a one way business class ticket from SYD to LAX on Qantas is only 36,000 miles, but a roundtrip is 115,000 miles. Is this accurate? I tried posting a picture but it wouldn't let me because I needed five posts.

Does anyone have experience booking partner awards with RJ miles? In Jordan I'll probably get the RJ branded visa card from Arab Bank to earn more miles, but I was wondering if the program is worth it in terms of actually booking award tickets.

Thanks!
Old Jul 12, 18, 11:20 am

Programs: RJ Emerald
Welcome to Jordan and RJ!

The best way to spend RJ miles is on OW partners.... not only because the RJ own metal taxes/surcharges are crazy, but because there are some really good OW deals.

The RJ partner awards are indeed often cheaper if booked as 2x one way. Don't ask me why, they just are

There is currently no option to book a pather award via the booking engine. You have to fill in the form, or write an email (they are really quick in responding) and wait for them to reserve the seat. Since you will be in town, it will be much easier to drop by the Royal Plus office @7th circle. The FF staff there are great.
Old Jul 13, 18, 1:40 am

Programs: Eurobonus Lifetime Gold, Airfrance Platinum, Royal Jordanian Gold
Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi View Post
The best way to spend RJ miles is on OW partners.... not only because the RJ own metal taxes/surcharges are crazy, but because there are some really good OW deals.
Is there an OW award chart hidden somewhere on the RJ website? Or would you know how many points a one-way AMM-LHR with BA is? Many thanks
Old Jul 13, 18, 1:47 am
Original Poster

Ah, thank you so much! I was afraid it was an error because of the discrepancies in one-way vs. round trip, but good to know they are real! And thanks for the tip about the Royal Plus office. I'll be sure to use it whenever I need to book an award ticket.
Old Jul 13, 18, 1:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Hafnia View Post

Is there an OW award chart hidden somewhere on the RJ website? Or would you know how many points a one-way AMM-LHR with BA is? Many thanks
You can search on the website under the Royal Plus heading. I can't post a link yet, but it's easy to find. You do have to search route by route to find the amounts though. If you're looking to fly on BA though, it's probably better to book with BA avios. I did some preliminary searches on BA and for off-peak awards, it's only 5000 avios + ~$170 each way from AMM-LHR. The taxes are high, but considering roundtrip direct flights can go for $700, it's a bargain.

Search this Thread