Search

Transit Visa in JED

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2018, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Transit Visa in JED

Hi Experts,

I'm traveling on a Delta award ticket on Saudia from LAX to HYD via JED later this month and have a 10+ Hr layover in JED, Wanted to see if there's any way I can get a transit visa at the arrival and/or Saudi Arabian Consulate in LA to spend some time in the Jeddah.

Appreciate your insights .

Thanks
Old Jul 6, 2018, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by Javvu
Hi Experts,

I'm traveling on a Delta award ticket on Saudia from LAX to HYD via JED later this month and have a 10+ Hr layover in JED, Wanted to see if there's any way I can get a transit visa at the arrival and/or Saudi Arabian Consulate in LA to spend some time in the Jeddah.

Appreciate your insights .

Thanks
Unless you're a Saudi...forget visa on arrival and I very much doubt if consulate will give...if you've success there, please report here !
Old Jul 6, 2018, 7:51 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply,
If I were Saudi, I wouldn't need a visa to enter the Kingdom..?
I'm an American Citizen. I thought the Saudis were trying to open up the country to foreign tourists..
Any Ideas on how best to spend 10+ hours in JED airport ..?

Thanks
Old Jul 7, 2018, 7:24 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Last I heard, the Saudi Tourist visas are getting delayed for some reasons, though I think some nationalities soon to be eligible for eVisas.

Moreover, the new Jeddah Airport soft opening has commenced, though I'm not sure which flights get the new terminal at this point. Judging from the press releases, it looks like a significant upgrade to the current offering.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 9:34 am

Thanks for the reply,
If I were Saudi, I wouldn't need a visa to enter the Kingdom..?
I'm an American Citizen. I thought the Saudis were trying to open up the country to foreign tourists..
Any Ideas on how best to spend 10+ hours in JED airport ..?

Thanks
​​​​​​Correct Saudis do not require visa to enter their country.
"Trying" doesn't mean they've finalized opening up.
10+ hours ? Unless you've lounge access (which you can also buy there) you can sit at Starbucks in the large transit area.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 11:24 pm
Original Poster

I found a link which seems to be a way to get a transit visa for passengers transiting through KSA, Not sure if anyone tried getting a transit visa by applying directly on below website and getting the visa at the consulate/embassy (LA for my jurisdiction, I believe).
https://enjazit.com.sa/VisaPerson

Also , Any idea how much is the lounge access if I want to buy it.

Thanks
Old Jul 9, 2018, 8:46 am

If you are travelling fairly soon, it's going to be very hot there. Not sure what touristy spots would you be able to see there, besides spending time in a mall.

Is this your preferred route to travel ? I mean ultra long haul with 10 hour stop over flying in a dry airline, dry airport and dry country ? If so, good for you !
Old Jul 9, 2018, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Yes, I'm taking this route in couple of weeks, I'm taking this to use up my Delta sky pesos ..I'm fine with dry airline/airport as I'm a non drinker.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 1:27 am

Programs: QR Gold, WY Gold, TK Elite, EY Silver,
Yes, I'm taking this route in couple of weeks, I'm taking this to use up my Delta sky pesos ..I'm fine with dry airline/airport as I'm a non drinker.
I found a link which seems to be a way to get a transit visa for passengers transiting through KSA, Not sure if anyone tried getting a transit visa by applying directly on below website and getting the visa at the consulate/embassy (LA for my jurisdiction, I believe).
https://enjazit.com.sa/VisaPerson

Also , Any idea how much is the lounge access if I want to buy it.

Thanks
The entrance fee to SV Al Fursan Lounge in JED should be 50USD/189SAR (info from LoungeBuddy).
I also experienced a 9+ hours transit in JED, since traveling (a very cheap) biz class I was admitted to lounge it was in any case a very long and boring waiting, food nothing special, not willing to repeat the experience. Luckily arriving at 6 PM lounge was almost empty, after 10 pm completely packed, people entering could not find a free seat and long queuing for toilet use, few were even lying down the floor.
I heard there is a new terminal but do not know when will be fully operative and when SV flights will be moved.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.