Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gulf Air - any recent experiences?

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2018, 1:03 am
Original Poster

Gulf Air - any recent experiences?

Gulf Air don't get much press. They seem to have had a mediocre reputation but there have been occasional suggestions that they might be improving. Has anyone any recent experiences, plesse?
Old May 31, 2018, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by Philodemus
Gulf Air don't get much press. They seem to have had a mediocre reputation but there have been occasional suggestions that they might be improving. Has anyone any recent experiences, plesse?
My recent as always experiences with GF tell me that there's always ample room for improvement.You get what you pay for.As it's not the choice of many in the region and as yet not an airline designed for profit,means that many flights are far from full so often plenty of spare seats ie more comfort in Y/better attention in J
Old Jun 10, 2018, 3:34 am

I flew with Gulf Air about 3 weeks ago in Biz on the London-Bahrain- Manila route and I can say that they were absolutely fine. They are not comparable to Qatar or Singapore Airlines but then I had paid far less for my ticket than with those airlines. The lounge in Heathrow is comfortable as is the one in Bahrain where I had an 8 hour layover. I enjoyed the onboard food and the wine was ok. Seat was comfortable and cabin crew were friendly if a little too eager to get dinner served on one of the legs. I had to tell them several times to wait before bringing my next course. Little things onboard need fine tuning but my only real criticism would be the very poor selection of films. The IFE really does need some improvement.. If the price was right, I would not hesitate to fly with them again.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 2:16 pm

Programs: HH Diamond BA Blue
My wife and I flew Gulf Air just over a month ago LHR-BAH-DXB we thoroughly enjoyed it. As mentioned above the lounges are ample and you get what you pay for. The J seats were fine when fully flat and I am just over 6ft tall!
Would definitely fly again with Gulf Air as they were less than half the price of Emirates. Although you have to change aircraft at BAH it is only a40 min wait
Old Jul 12, 2018, 5:46 pm

Programs: Baec
Gulf have started using their new 789s on the Heathrow Bahrain route and I've heard good things about the Apex suites they have put in business class.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 12:07 am

Any thoughts on J class seat selection on the 789?
Old Jul 17, 2018, 5:33 pm
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by dave31
I flew with Gulf Air about 3 weeks ago in Biz on the London-Bahrain- Manila route and I can say that they were absolutely fine. They are not comparable to Qatar or Singapore Airlines but then I had paid far less for my ticket than with those airlines. The lounge in Heathrow is comfortable as is the one in Bahrain where I had an 8 hour layover. I enjoyed the onboard food and the wine was ok. Seat was comfortable and cabin crew were friendly if a little too eager to get dinner served on one of the legs. I had to tell them several times to wait before bringing my next course. Little things onboard need fine tuning but my only real criticism would be the very poor selection of films. The IFE really does need some improvement.. If the price was right, I would not hesitate to fly with them again.
Mind if I ask how much you paid for that route? Tempted to book it for December and it's coming in at 1200 GBP per person (return) on Opodo and Travelup which is a significant saving on the other options.

Also, did you just sit in the lounge for the long layover? Not tempted to leave the airport?

Thanks
Old Jul 20, 2018, 8:24 am

I have sent you a pm. I was really quite tired on arriving in Bahrain (not connected with Gulf Air) so decided to stay in the lounge for the very long transit time. Actually having caught up on e mails, had a look around the shops, took a shower and had something to eat, the time passed quite quickly.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 11:47 am

Does anyone know what will happen to the A330's that don't have the new cabins? I've seen some still doing the Manila routes?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.