Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other Middle Eastern and African Airlines
Reload this Page >

Oman Air - Confused about Business Class seat map

Old May 19, 18, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Hello

I am looking at the following Oman Air flights in Business Class:

Manila to Muscat on an "A330" - not specified if it's -200 or -300, but the seat map is showing 2-2-2 seating in rows 10, 11, 12, 14 (one cabin)

Muscat to London on a 787-900 - seat map is showing 2-2-2 seating in rows 10, 11, 12, 14 (first cabin) and 2-2-2- seating in row 15 (second cabin)

Paris to Muscat on an A330-200 - seat map showing 2-2-2 seating in rows 10, 11, 12 (first cabin) and 2-2-2 seating in rows 14, 15 (second cabin)

Muscat to Manila on an A330-200 - seat map showing 2-2-2 seating in rows 10, 11, 12 (first cabin) and 2-2-2 seating in rows 14, 15 (second cabin)

I am confused because Seatguru is showing a 1-2-1 business class configuration for these aircraft types. Furthermore, everything else I've read about Oman Air business class seems to suggest that all window seats in A & K have direct aisle access and are very private.

What information is correct? The Oman Air seat map definitely does not suggest staggered seating in A&B and J&K. The seats look completely aligned.

Thanks for your help!
Old May 19, 18, 11:15 am

Programs: WY SL, EK Gold, CX MPO
The newly configured aircraft are 2-2-2 with the apex business suite. The 1-2-1 is only on the A330-300 and is the old product. All your flights appear to have the new business class. Disregard the seatguru seatmaps as some of them are not up to date since WY reconfigured a lot of their planes. The A and K seats are very private and all seats have direct aisle access. While not completely staggered, the A/B seats and J/K seats are slightly staggered though its just a matter of inches and they are still adjacent to each other. The centre seat pairs are perfectly aligned together.
Old May 20, 18, 8:59 pm
Original Poster

Perfect, thanks a lot for your help HKprince! Hoping to have a great first experience on Oman Air.

Originally Posted by HKprince View Post
The newly configured aircraft are 2-2-2 with the apex business suite. The 1-2-1 is only on the A330-300 and is the old product. All your flights appear to have the new business class. Disregard the seatguru seatmaps as some of them are not up to date since WY reconfigured a lot of their planes. The A and K seats are very private and all seats have direct aisle access. While not completely staggered, the A/B seats and J/K seats are slightly staggered though its just a matter of inches and they are still adjacent to each other. The centre seat pairs are perfectly aligned together.
Old Jun 21, 18, 7:08 pm

I'm looking to possibly book FRA-Muskat in November. It's a 330. What are the odds its old J vs new J?
Old Jun 22, 18, 5:11 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Oman Air Sindbad Gold, BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy View Post
I'm looking to possibly book FRA-Muskat in November. It's a 330. What are the odds its old J vs new J?
I've just taken a number of flights on WY, both with the old J and the new, and both are good. The old 1-2-1 in the A330 is perfectly fine. Window seats especially have a huge amount of storage space and are very roomy and ideal for a solo traveller. Service has almost always been impeccable. The only downside has been the terrible boarding in Muscat where priority boarding doesn't seem to exist unless you barge your own way up to the front. The WY lounge is just ok, but you can also access the Prime class lounge if you have Priority Pass. It's also a pity that they've discontinued the chauffeur service for their discounted business class fares.
Old Jul 23, 18, 1:08 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Does anybody know the status of the refurbishment of WY's A330 fleet?
How many of the 6 A333 and 4 A332 already have the Apex Suite?
When will the upgrade be completed?

Thanks
Old Feb 22, 21, 9:03 am

any update - is the upgrade complete?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: