Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other Middle Eastern and African Airlines
Reload this Page >

Does MEA have 5th freedom rights ACC-ABJ? How to find out?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2018, 4:06 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt
Original Poster

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !

MEA have a really well timed flight ACC-ABJ (making a BEY-ACC-ABJ-BEY triangle) but the mea.lb website doesn't give me an option to buy it. Anyone know if they have FF rights for this route, or know where I can check, or am I SOL if the website doesn't want to sell it...
Old May 9, 2018, 11:59 pm

https://www.mea.com.lb/contentfiles/...20180510085335

ME stopped doing the triangle flight, it's BEY-ACC-ABJ and BEY-LOS-ABJ and vv

No 5th freedom on either routes AFAIK.

EK and SA sell fares on the route though, with EK having a mid-day departure. Highly recommended over ME.
Old May 10, 2018, 1:54 am

They don't have traffic rights for any of their intra-Africa sectors from Accra.

That said, MEA station managers have been known to issue non-revenue tickets to members of the local community that they are friendly with...
Old May 10, 2018, 2:07 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt
Original Poster

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
thanks both. I think the 'befriending a station manager' route, while being very African/Lebanese, is out for me, as I really need to get this planned a bit in advance. It was the early morning MEA flight which worked best for timings, I knew already about the EK and SA flights and will probably take the evening SA flight instead.
B747-437B likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.