Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Egyptair advance seat selection on award ticket?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2018, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Egyptair advance seat selection on award ticket?

Hi all,

I'm about to book an Avianca Lifemiles award ticket in which I'll fly from Cairo to Asmara on one of Egyptair's 737s.
It's a short, overnight flight and I'm trying to determine whether it's worth spending the extra miles for business class.
(I'd like to be near the front of the plane, so I don't have to wait for hours in an immigration line at 3AM.)

In this situation, can I preselect a seat near the front of economy class, or will seats be preassigned? If I can preselect a seat, is this a free service on Egyptair, or does it cost extra?

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 2:05 pm

I had a United mileage award ticket on EgyptAir.

Was able to select a seat no problem for free on egyptair website. On my plane (a 737 also), row 20/21 were the first economy rows.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 6:26 am
Original Poster

Thanks very much. I think I'll save my miles and book at the front of economy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.