Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other Middle Eastern and African Airlines
Reload this Page >

Seat Selection Oman Air Code Share on Malaysia Airlines from MEL to KUL.

Seat Selection Oman Air Code Share on Malaysia Airlines from MEL to KUL.

Old Apr 13, 2018, 2:01 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: UK/Australia
Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Posts: 2,535
Seat Selection Oman Air Code Share on Malaysia Airlines from MEL to KUL.

I have an Oman Air business class ticket from Melbourne to Cairo, with the first sector being a code share on Malaysia Airlines from MEL to KUL.

Can anyone advise if there is any way to pre-select a seat on this MH flight, as WY apparently can't do it, and I don't think MH will either. Otherwise, I assume it will be assigned at check-in at Melbourne, which obviously will only leave the dregs.
Grace B is offline  
Old Apr 13, 2018, 8:56 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 844
Originally Posted by Grace B
I have an Oman Air business class ticket from Melbourne to Cairo, with the first sector being a code share on Malaysia Airlines from MEL to KUL.

Can anyone advise if there is any way to pre-select a seat on this MH flight, as WY apparently can't do it, and I don't think MH will either. Otherwise, I assume it will be assigned at check-in at Melbourne, which obviously will only leave the dregs.
If you can't do online ...then call MH
ElJudioErrante is offline  
Old Apr 15, 2018, 7:37 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: UK/Australia
Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Posts: 2,535
Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante
If you can't do online ...then call MH
Thanks for that. I've tried online and have called MH, who say they can't touch the booking as the ticket was issued by WY.

So it looks as if I'll have to accept whatever is left over at check-in. I guess that's a downside of a code-share.
Grace B is offline  
Old Apr 19, 2018, 11:06 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: LON
Programs: BAEC
Posts: 3,970
Seems strange. The operating carrier should be able to do a seat assignment. I query whether there is a issue here with WY and MH being on different GDS systems and WY needs to provide the shadow PNR for the MH booking.

Or just HUACA (hang up and call again) until you can get an MH agent who will do a seat assignment
ElJudioErrante likes this.
plunet is offline  
Old Apr 19, 2018, 12:24 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Posts: 1,871
I have an EY codeshare flight on MH metal and I am too unable to assign seats by calling either MH or EY call centers.
flyerby is offline  
Old Sep 30, 2022, 11:09 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 29
Has anyone figured out a workaround to this?
shrididdy is offline  
Old Oct 2, 2022, 3:11 am
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: UK/Australia
Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Posts: 2,535
Originally Posted by Grace B
Thanks for that. I've tried online and have called MH, who say they can't touch the booking as the ticket was issued by WY.

So it looks as if I'll have to accept whatever is left over at check-in. I guess that's a downside of a code-share.
I do recall that what was left was quite nice (1A I think), so all was good. And the QF First lounge was great too.
Grace B is offline  
Old Nov 15, 2023, 10:31 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Programs: QF,OZ,AC,VB,BA,SQ, EY, QR
Posts: 73
Anyone find a resolution for this/? I have same issue even though WY also issued me a MH PNR I can log in with but not access seat change.
etrust is offline  
Old Nov 16, 2023, 7:26 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Zealand
Programs: NZ Elite, KQ Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Choice Gold
Posts: 678
Originally Posted by etrust
Anyone find a resolution for this/? I have same issue even though WY also issued me a MH PNR I can log in with but not access seat change.
Thats strange. I recently did IST-MCT-KUL-AKL on a WY ticket. I also was issued an MH PNR for the final leg and had no problem using it to select seats (and prebook meals) using the MH website (I couldnt on the WY website).

Edit: from memory I could also access the MH flight using the Finnair website. Maybe try that too?
DomesticGoddess is offline  
Old Nov 17, 2023, 5:02 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Programs: QF,OZ,AC,VB,BA,SQ, EY, QR
Posts: 73
Originally Posted by DomesticGoddess
Thats strange. I recently did IST-MCT-KUL-AKL on a WY ticket. I also was issued an MH PNR for the final leg and had no problem using it to select seats (and prebook meals) using the MH website (I couldnt on the WY website).

Edit: from memory I could also access the MH flight using the Finnair website. Maybe try that too?
Thanks for the reply - how long before departure did you access?
etrust is offline  
Old Nov 23, 2023, 7:50 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Zealand
Programs: NZ Elite, KQ Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Choice Gold
Posts: 678
Originally Posted by etrust
Thanks for the reply - how long before departure did you access?
Several months for seat select and a few days prior for meals.
etrust likes this.
DomesticGoddess is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.