Wiki Posts
Search

Requalifying for RJ RoyalPlus Gold

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2018, 5:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Requalifying for RJ RoyalPlus Gold

About a year ago, after I managed to fly over 40K miles and more than 10 sectors on RJ metal in a single year, I qualified for RoyalPlus Gold for the first time.
Especially since I have status on 2 FFP (RJ&TK), I calculate my flights carefully to requalify and I have a few questions:
1. Is there a place on rj.com to see the total of how many tier miles I have flown since I received my Gold status?
2. I know that I had to fly at least 10 sectors on RJ metal to qualify. I will have to fly in a period of 2 years 60K miles to requalify. How many sectors on RJ metal in these 2 years do I have to fly?

Last edited by flyerby; Apr 6, 2018 at 11:28 am
Old Apr 8, 2018, 2:11 am

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
1) No. The only way is to manually add up all the transactions, starting after the "card upgrade" transaction. Alternatively, email [email protected] and ask them because they can actually see the number.

2)To be very honest, I don't know if the sectors count is enforced (I always do much more than they ask for anyway, so I don't know how it works in practice). Again, ask them by email.

They respond within 1-2 days and I would suggest using very simple English and to leave out all the unrelated words, as to get the best result.
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 5:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
... Alternatively, email [email protected] and ask them because they can actually see the number.
They replied with a number of miles that is 6K more than what I calculate manually.
What now?
Old Apr 19, 2018, 11:01 am

Programs: BAEC
1) No. The only way is to manually add up all the transactions, starting after the "card upgrade" transaction. Alternatively, email [email protected] and ask them because they can actually see the number.
I have to acknowledge the lovely typo Rami for [email protected] - brings a whole new image to a Frequent Flyer club.
Rami Tamimi likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by plunet
I have to acknowledge the lovely typo Rami for [email protected] - brings a whole new image to a Frequent Flyer club.
I used [email protected] so I didn’t have to encounter any new images whatsoever
Old Apr 23, 2018, 1:35 am

Originally Posted by flyerby

They replied with a number of miles that is 6K more than what I calculate manually.
What now?
Their figure should be correct because they have a field in their system called, which shows miles required to qualify/maintain. If you are absolutely sure that you did not miss anything out during your calculations, ask them again.

OH and I completely forgot, I believe the app has the "Miles to maintain/qualify" entry. It just always showed 0s for me because I have always met their requirements at an early stage, so I can't comment if it shows the right figure or not... I also deleted the app like ages ago, because it's just so bad and useless, so I don't know if that field is still there.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 3:44 am
Original Poster

OH and I completely forgot, I believe the app has the "Miles to maintain/qualify" entry.
Because I’m only Gold, in the RJ app, it doesn’t show me ”Miles to maintain/qualify” but “To achieve Platinum Plus, earn:” and an accurate description of miles and segments to qualify for Platinum.
I guess this is another reason to try and qualify for Platinum in order to have an online indicator of what is needed to requalify
Old Apr 23, 2018, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by flyerby

Because I’m only Gold, in the RJ app, it doesn’t show me ”Miles to maintain/qualify” but “To achieve Platinum Plus, earn:” and an accurate description of miles and segments to qualify for Platinum.
I guess this is another reason to try and qualify for Platinum in order to have an online indicator of what is needed to requalify
Oh thanks for the info, did not know that.

....and oh yes, an online indicator of what is needed to requalify is a TOP benefit, reserved for Platinum LOL. To be fair, if you fly RJ, you might not feel that there is a huge difference between Gold and Platinum (of course apart from the 4JD you can save because Platinums don't have to pay for the RJ bus from the 7th circle office). That said, you will see that the staff will often be much more flexible (this comes back to my point in the other thread about the seat blocking).The new FFP manager is also trying hard to get us more benefits and generally improve the FFP (seat guarantee in Y bucket 48 hours ahead, a dedicated telephone number for Platinum are the two things introduced this spring).

For me, as a regular on the HKG route (in Y), Platinum is a total game changer, but someone flying to CAI all the time might not feel the difference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.