Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other Middle Eastern and African Airlines
Reload this Page >

Does RJ181 KUL-BKK provide biz fast track at BKK?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2018, 12:37 am
Original Poster

Does Royal Jordanian RJ181 evening flight KUL, Malaysia to BKK, Thailand provide a fast track voucher for BKK. The one business class review I can find does not mention it, although mentions every thing else you could possibly think of.

This is a 5th freedom flight, that carries on to AMM, Jordan. Priced very generously for the KUl to BKK section in business class.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 1:08 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold
I will tell you tonight.
exbooking23 likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 8:53 am

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
They do. If you are in J, they will give it to onboard, or as you leave the aircraft. If you are an OW elite flying in Y, you have to catch the RJ ground staff on the jetbridge and ask them to give it to you.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 4:09 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
They do. If you are in J, they will give it to onboard, or as you leave the aircraft. If you are an OW elite flying in Y, you have to catch the RJ ground staff on the jetbridge and ask them to give it to you.
I flew Y yesterday and I asked for one on board. As expected I got nothing. I didn't ask for one at the bridge and thus I wasn't offered one either.

I don't think they write the date on the passes. Do they?
Old Mar 31, 2018, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by cysyuen
I flew Y yesterday and I asked for one on board. As expected I got nothing. I didn't ask for one at the bridge and thus I wasn't offered one either.

I don't think they write the date on the passes. Do they?
More often than not, they don't actually load the passes onboard and they are handed out on the jet bridge. They don't proactively offer it to elites in Y on arrival (they do on departure, when you check in), so you have to ask when you disembark.

They fill in the details when you fly FROM BKK, but not when you fly TO BKK.
cysyuen likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 11:54 pm

If continuing to AMM, do passengers stay on board or have to leave the aircraft in Bangkok?
Old Jun 17, 2019, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by GwailoSIN
If continuing to AMM, do passengers stay on board or have to leave the aircraft in Bangkok?
They must stay onboard.
GwailoSIN likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 10:05 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
I’m going to go AMM-BKK and then BKK-KUL on the same a/c but on separate tickets. I guess, I’ll have to find a way to scan my boarding pass for BKK-KUL, probably by going in BKK out of the a/c, one floor up and then going down again to the flight’s waiting hall.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by flyerby
I’m going to go AMM-BKK and then BKK-KUL on the same a/c but on separate tickets. I guess, I’ll have to find a way to scan my boarding pass for BKK-KUL, probably by going in BKK out of the a/c, one floor up and then going down again to the flight’s waiting hall.
I did almost the same once (HKG-BKK-AMM). HKG agents took the initiative to "merge" the two sectors and issue a single BP and check the bag in. It required a lot of calls and waiting, but worked out at the end. Not sure if they will do that in AMM. Alternatively, try and ask the BKK staff if they mark you as "boarded".

If nothing works, I think you can still manage to transit in the traditional way. Make sure you sit as close to the front as possible because they check BPs as you leave the jetbridge in BKK (to make sure you are not supposed to continue onwards on this flight) and many people lose their BPs, which means they have to be found manually on the list. This can take a few minutes.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 9:43 pm

They must stay onboard.
Wow that's interesting, I thought one most of these one-stop flights passengers have to deplane (e.g., on CX HKG-YVR-JFK one absolutely has to deplane and got through security in YVR)
Old Jun 17, 2019, 11:36 pm

I did almost the same once (HKG-BKK-AMM). HKG agents took the initiative to "merge" the two sectors and issue a single BP and check the bag in. It required a lot of calls and waiting, but worked out at the end. Not sure if they will do that in AMM. Alternatively, try and ask the BKK staff if they mark you as "boarded".
Do you remember if you were credit as HKG-AMM or HKG-BKK-AMM after the merge?
I’ll need the extra sector for my statement.

Do you think they will be able to issue a BP in AMM for the BKK-KUL? If not how good is RJ OLCI?
If nothing works, I think you can still manage to transit in the traditional way. Make sure you sit as close to the front as possible because they check BPs as you leave the jetbridge in BKK (to make sure you are not supposed to continue onwards on this flight) and many people lose their BPs, which means they have to be found manually on the list. This can take a few minutes.
Yes, I’m familiar with the show your BP drill from the days of flying TK68 when they used to continue to SGN.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by flyerby

Do you remember if you were credit as HKG-AMM or HKG-BKK-AMM after the merge?
I’ll need the extra sector for my statement.

Do you think they will be able to issue a BP in AMM for the BKK-KUL? If not how good is RJ OLCI?

Yes, I’m familiar with the show your BP drill from the days of flying TK68 when they used to continue to SGN.

HKG-BKK was redemption and I got the credit as per the original routing (BKK-AMM). I don't remember for sure, but I think I had to request the miles manually for that flight. I think you are safe here. The merge is purely an airport control process and does not affect the ticket(s) at all. Actually, when I tried to check in for the return flight, I found out that the BKK-AMM sector appeared as a no show on the system. This was solved quickly though after I explained the situation.

AMM check-in is unlikely to be able to issue you with an ex BKK BP from my experience of doing same day returns. OLCI should work. Try to talk to the agents nicely in AMM Jcl check-in (if originating from AMM), or in the lounge, they may come up with a solution.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 1:00 am

Wow that's interesting, I thought one most of these one-stop flights passengers have to deplane (e.g., on CX HKG-YVR-JFK one absolutely has to deplane and got through security in YVR)
It all depends on the airport and its regulations as well as airline's procedures.

In RJ@BKK case, you can not get off even if you want to (eg: for a smoke).
Old Jun 18, 2019, 4:04 am

It all depends on the airport and its regulations as well as airline's procedures.

In RJ@BKK case, you can not get off even if you want to (eg: for a smoke).
I actually consider that a plus as you don't have to pack your belongings and unpack afterwards. Makes it more interesting for me and I will now consider it.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 4:54 am

I actually consider that a plus as you don't have to pack your belongings and unpack afterwards. Makes it more interesting for me and I will now consider it.
You look at it the other way around. Instead of going direct, you have a technical stopover where the a/c lands and has to take off. A waste of time of at least 2 hours.
Unless flying F and then the more the merrier of course

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.