Wiki Posts
Search

Oman air layover at muscat

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2019, 10:19 pm

Programs: QR Gold, WY Gold, TK Elite, EY Silver,
Originally Posted by kkt228
Thanks subject2load

Does it also apply when he goes through the immigration and then check in for his outbound flight?

Thanks again!
Could you explain the reason why he should need to check in again if this is only a transit? Two separate tickets, or different airlines without connection, or he just want to visit the city in the meantime?
Old Jul 5, 2019, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by BobFF68
Could you explain the reason why he should need to check in again if this is only a transit? Two separate tickets, or different airlines without connection, or he just want to visit the city in the meantime?
He has two separate tickets (same airline) so that's why he asked me if it is possible to go through the immigration and then check in again during his transit? I have been to Oman but only for a couple of days so I have no idea about the short transit (seven hours) in MCT.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by subject2load

I’m a little confused now ! You said that your friend was “just transiting ...... without going landside” ....and if that’s the case, there will be no requirement to go through an immigration desk.

Different rules apply if you wish to enter the country but these vary according to nationality.
Sorry but I thought that 'Transit' means that you just go to 'Transfer' instead of going to the immigration and check in for his outbound flight if that makes sense.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 10:03 am

Programs: QR Gold, WY Gold, TK Elite, EY Silver,
Originally Posted by kkt228
He has two separate tickets (same airline) so that's why he asked me if it is possible to go through the immigration and then check in again during his transit? I have been to Oman but only for a couple of days so I have no idea about the short transit (seven hours) in MCT.
In case of two different tickets but same airline (Oman air?) , he can just check in at transfer desks airside without going through immigration, this only at the condition he does not have a checked luggage to collect.
Even with checked luggage he could try asking at origin departure airport to send the luggage to final destinations being the same airline even with separate tickets.
If none of the above options working, he has to pass immigration and if his nationality requires it, he need to apply for a transit visa, he can request it online in advance and collect it at specific desk, price should be 5 OMR if I'm not wrong.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 3:34 am

Originally Posted by BobFF68
In case of two different tickets but same airline (Oman air?) , he can just check in at transfer desks airside without going through immigration, this only at the condition he does not have a checked luggage to collect.
Even with checked luggage he could try asking at origin departure airport to send the luggage to final destinations being the same airline even with separate tickets.
If none of the above options working, he has to pass immigration and if his nationality requires it, he need to apply for a transit visa, he can request it online in advance and collect it at specific desk, price should be 5 OMR if I'm not wrong.
Okay thanks for your advice!

I have asked him to go and pass the immigration first before he check in for his luggage. Hopefully he will not be asked to apply for a transit visa at the immigration as he does not want to be in a hurry.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 1:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Because of a schedule change, I'll be spending a few more hours than planned in MCT, on an Oman Air business class ticket BKK-CAI.

I understand there may be an area in the WY lounge where one could have a little snooze, but I've been to the lounge a couple of times, and never seen it.

Can anyone advise where in the lounge this rest area is? Many thanks...
Old Nov 22, 2019, 12:02 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Originally Posted by Grace B
Because of a schedule change, I'll be spending a few more hours than planned in MCT, on an Oman Air business class ticket BKK-CAI.

I understand there may be an area in the WY lounge where one could have a little snooze, but I've been to the lounge a couple of times, and never seen it.

Can anyone advise where in the lounge this rest area is? Many thanks...
Hi Grace B, if memory serves me correctly, it is right at the back, past the bar, then turn left. Behind the 2nd buffet area. It is only an area with loungers separated by curtains, not so quiet
Old Nov 22, 2019, 4:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Pretty much as gav0106 describes in terms of location ^

And yes, I certainly wouldn’t bank on the area providing a haven of peace & quiet.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 8:41 am

Programs: Qatar Plat, Sinbad Silver.
Not sure when you are travelling, but the Oman Air Lounge in MCT is closed for maintenance from Nov 20th to Dec 15th.
If travelling to Europe or Far East, PrimeClass Lounge is available.
If travelling to Middle East,GCC or Africa the Majan Lounge is available.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 12:11 am

Originally Posted by Loungeabout
Not sure when you are travelling, but the Oman Air Lounge in MCT is closed for maintenance from Nov 20th to Dec 15th.
If travelling to Europe or Far East, PrimeClass Lounge is available.
If travelling to Middle East,GCC or Africa the Majan Lounge is available.
I'm travelling next week, so that seems like a bit of a downgrade. Just my luck, it seems....
Old Nov 23, 2019, 3:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
I'm travelling next week, so that seems like a bit of a downgrade. Just my luck, it seems....
Well ...... if you get to use the PrimeClass lounge, I’m not so sure it will be much of a downgrade - if at all. No personal experience of it myself, but check out these reviews here - they look very encouraging to me. There is even mention in the facilities list of ‘complimentary bedrooms, subject to availability’ ..........

https://www.loungebuddy.co.uk/MCT/pr...ource=homepage
Grace B likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 11:07 am

Programs: Some
Generally speaking the WY J lounge is probably considered nicer than the Primeclass lounge, but given your long layover it might actually be an upgrade! The Primeclass lounge has private bedrooms available on a first come, first serve basis so make sure you go to ask if any are available when you arrive and you will probably have a comfortable layover. If you are desperate for a snooze and all the rooms are taken, don't forget MCT also has an airside hotel just across from the lounges so you could ask for pricing there for a quick nap.
Grace B likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Generally speaking the WY J lounge is probably considered nicer than the Primeclass lounge, but given your long layover it might actually be an upgrade! The Primeclass lounge has private bedrooms available on a first come, first serve basis so make sure you go to ask if any are available when you arrive and you will probably have a comfortable layover. If you are desperate for a snooze and all the rooms are taken, don't forget MCT also has an airside hotel just across from the lounges so you could ask for pricing there for a quick nap.
Thanks, that's good to know.
Old Sep 8, 2023, 6:04 am

Does Oman Air still has STPC? Can't find it on their website
Old Sep 9, 2023, 4:23 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, KQ Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Choice Gold
Originally Posted by plae
Does Oman Air still has STPC? Can't find it on their website
Yes I used it a few days ago. Originally I was meant to have just a couple of hours on the ground in MCT following my arrival from DOH before my connecting flight to IST. A couple of weeks out Oman Air cancelled the flight and put me on one 10 hours after my arrival. I emailed Oman Air requesting STPC noting that I was now due to be on the ground for 8+ hours (the threshold they apparently use), and that it was due to their changes not anything I had done.

Within 48 hours I had confirmation from Oman Air that they would provide me with a hotel at Aerotel Muscat (helpfully inside the terminal), which I used from about 4am until midday. At check in the hotel also provided breakfast and lunch vouchers. Decent enough room but most importantly it was nice and quiet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.