Wiki Posts
Search

Royal Jordanian check-in experience

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2018, 2:56 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by puchong
Now what do I do?
I would call again the office in the US and tell them that due to language and cultural barrier the AMM office does not understand the situation and request them to intervene. Talk to the office manager if needed.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 2:39 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by flyerby
I would call again the office in the US and tell them that due to language and cultural barrier the AMM office does not understand the situation and request them to intervene. Talk to the office manager if needed.
IME the "office" in the USA merely rings through to the head office in Amman.

I got burned on their flim-flam checkin policy, and i'm still peeved. My wife and I recently flew to Amman from separate cities. The short story is they would not let my wife fly because they needed to "talk to me" before issuing her BP, which is hard to do when, at that moment, I'm 7 miles above Poland on an RJ 787. RJ cancelled her ticket but was glad to sell me another ticket a full walk-up price for travel the next day. In my view, they held my wife hostage at an airport ticket counter, and I had to pay full price for a walk-up ticket as ransom to set her free.

I'm peeved. Yet when I checked in for my own flight, nobody asked to see any credit card, etc. AFAICT the only difference is that RJ had an opportunity to bully a relatively inexperienced flyer, so they seized the opportunity to pocket several hundred dollars in ransom.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 2:56 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
OP here. This is getting to be a serious problem now, with me already having left home on my positioning flight (my RJ flight starts from the Middle East).

I called the NYC office of RJ (assuming they are the biggest in North America) and was told to contact the Internet Booking department in Amman. Sent them a message and they replied AFTER FIVE DAYS spitting out the same garbage (in the very same words) that is there on the RJ website. They want a "virtual number certificate" - but there is just no such beast. My bank, and I presume all US banks are the same, has no paper "certificate" for any virtual CC, let alone for each and every virtual number!

I wrote RJ that I have the original credit card bill showing that my account was debited for the RJ ticket, but the zoombie who responded ignored that and insists for a "certificate"

Now what do I do?
Would you possibly be able to print out a statement with your name showing the charge? You might also try the UK office, appears to have an actual office in London?
  • Area Code: ‎+44
  • Reservation Email: ‎[email protected]
  • Office Telephone: ‎020 7878 6300
  • Office Address: ‎8th Floor Vantage London, Great West Road, Brentford TW8 9AG
  • Office Site: ‎LONTBRJ
  • Sales Telephone: ‎ 8th Floor Vantage London, Great West Road, Brentford TW8 9AG
  • Sales Email: ‎[email protected]
  • Sales Site: ‎LONTMRJ
  • Airport Address: ‎ROOM 3511 SOUTH WING TERMINAL 3 LONDON HEATHROW AIRPORT TW6 1PA
  • Airport Email: ‎[email protected], [email protected]
  • Airport Site: ‎LHRKZRJ
Old Feb 18, 2018, 8:06 pm
Original Poster

I have the original CC statement with me, so no need to print anything out. Contacting the UK office is a good idea, hopefully they would have their heads screwed on properly which is more than what I can say about Amman. I am torn between contacting them and waking up sleeping dogs and drawing attention to my booking and not contacting them in the scant hope that there will be no Nazi at the check in counter.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CloudCoder
IME the "office" in the USA merely rings through to the head office in Amman.

I got burned on their flim-flam checkin policy, and i'm still peeved. My wife and I recently flew to Amman from separate cities. The short story is they would not let my wife fly because they needed to "talk to me" before issuing her BP, which is hard to do when, at that moment, I'm 7 miles above Poland on an RJ 787. RJ cancelled her ticket but was glad to sell me another ticket a full walk-up price for travel the next day. In my view, they held my wife hostage at an airport ticket counter, and I had to pay full price for a walk-up ticket as ransom to set her free.

I'm peeved. Yet when I checked in for my own flight, nobody asked to see any credit card, etc. AFAICT the only difference is that RJ had an opportunity to bully a relatively inexperienced flyer, so they seized the opportunity to pocket several hundred dollars in ransom.
So what happened to the original ticket for your wife? Was she marked as a no-show there and penalties collected? Or are you getting a full refund of that ticket? If they were not accepting the original ticket because it was paid with your CC, why could they not charge your wife's CC with the same amount that was originally charged for the ticket and let her fly on the original reservation?

This is really important for me to know so that I can be prepared for whatever they throw at me.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 8:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CloudCoder
IME the "office" in the USA merely rings through to the head office in Amman.<br /><br /><strong>I got burned on their flim-flam checkin policy, and i'm still peeved. My wife and I recently flew to Amman from separate cities. The short story is they would not let my wife fly because they needed to "talk to me" before issuing her BP, which is hard to do when, at that moment, I'm 7 miles above Poland on an RJ 787. RJ cancelled her ticket but was glad to sell me another ticket a full walk-up price for travel the next day.</strong> In my view, they held my wife hostage at an airport ticket counter, and I had to pay full price for a walk-up ticket as ransom to set her free.<br /><br />I'm peeved. Yet when I checked in for my own flight, nobody asked to see any credit card, etc. AFAICT the only difference is that RJ had an opportunity to bully a relatively inexperienced flyer, so they seized the opportunity to pocket several hundred dollars in ransom.
So what happened to the original ticket for your wife? Was she marked as a no-show there and penalties collected? Or are you getting a full refund of that ticket? If they were not accepting the original ticket because it was paid with your CC, why could they not charge your wife's CC with the same amount that was originally charged for the ticket and let her fly on the original reservation? This is really important for me to know so that I can be prepared for whatever they throw at me.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 2:03 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
So what happened to the original ticket for your wife? Was she marked as a no-show there and penalties collected? Or are you getting a full refund of that ticket? If they were not accepting the original ticket because it was paid with your CC, why could they not charge your wife's CC with the same amount that was originally charged for the ticket and let her fly on the original reservation?

This is really important for me to know so that I can be prepared for whatever they throw at me.
I wrote to RJ to request a REFUND of the ransom money, and also Denied Boarding Compensation (because my wife held a valid ticket which they would not honor). It's been 5 days and I have yet to hear back from them.

My prediction: I'll dispute the charge with my credit card company, and my dispute will stick (i.e. the airline won't bother to counter my dispute).

What they did to me was wrong. What they're about to do to you is also wrong.

Is there ANY way you can show up airside at the gate, and NOT go through the ticket counter? That's a strategy which just might work. I think the gate agent is trained to merely check passports. They assume that if you're airside then you must have already been through the Ticket Counter Gauntlet. So ... what are some ways you could just show up airside without hitting the ticket counter first? It could save you the money, hassle and delay of having to buy a full-price walkup ticket.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

OP here; just wanted to update the thread with my actual experience. In order not to wake up sleeping dogs I decided to refrain from contacting RJ again prior to my flight and instead went to the airport to check in as soon as the counter opened. The guy (contract staff of handling agent) had no clue what a virtual CC was but it seems the e-ticket / PNR is 'locked' and can only be opened by a supervisor or external person not at the check-in desk after the CC details have been verified. In my case, the number of my virtual card plus the original CC statement sufficed, the ticket was 'unlocked' and my boarding pass was issued. Although it was a very stressful experience, I am glad I could fly without much further drama. Hopefully the same thing will happen with my second ticket next month.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 6:30 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Thanks for reporting back and I am sure it was helpful for others in the future.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.