FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Middle Eastern and African Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-middle-eastern-african-airlines-471/)
-   -   Kenya Airways 50 min connection in NBO (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-middle-eastern-african-airlines/1886727-kenya-airways-50-min-connection-nbo.html)

bosboy73 Jan 6, 2018 6:18 pm

Kenya Airways 50 min connection in NBO

Looking at connecting KQ 487 to KQ 112 in February. KQ 487 dep Dar Es Salaam 9:40 PM arr NBO 11:00 PM, and KQ 112 dep NBO for CDG at 11:50 PM, so a 50 min connection all on one ticket.

It appears legal to sell the connection on the website, but is it something we should try and risk? We are not terminating in CDG and have a subsequent connecting Delta flight to the US the next morning which will also be on the same ticket.

Just FYI this will be using DL miles not that it makes much difference if there is a misconnect since KQ will have to re-protect to the US at that point.

Thanks

Ditto Jan 6, 2018 11:15 pm

50 minutes is a bit tight, but NBO is a small enough airport so it is doable as long as KQ487 is on time, you will have to pass security and if you feel your connection is at risk you can ask other PAX to go in front of them.

ac737 Jan 28, 2021 10:21 pm

I'm looking at a potential connection (all on one ticket) from ZNZ - NBO - SEZ on KQ with a 65 min connection. I'm pretty sure it's legal and everything, but the next flight to SEZ (if we miss it) is 4 days later. Thoughts? (Also, what are the chances that KQ rebooks us on another airline that gets us into SEZ the next day (but is a 12 hour itinerary...).

Thanks!

flying_blue_white_red Jan 31, 2021 4:57 am

65 min in C-19 time is more than enough.
No chance to be rebooked on another airline!

ac737 Feb 1, 2021 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by flying_blue_white_red (Post 33006330)
65 min in C-19 time is more than enough.
No chance to be rebooked on another airline!

Thanks! Yeah - it seems like the connection should be fine, but if ANYTHING happens on the ZNZ-NBO flight, it seems like I'd really be out of luck right? May fly in the night before or something, lest I risk ruining the rest of our trip

flying_blue_white_red Feb 2, 2021 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by ac737 (Post 33009734)
Thanks! Yeah - it seems like the connection should be fine, but if ANYTHING happens on the ZNZ-NBO flight, it seems like I'd really be out of luck right? May fly in the night before or something, lest I risk ruining the rest of our trip

For extra peace of mind, sure you should !
Also don't forget to reconfirm you intentions to fly 7 days before by calling KQ in TZ or directly in Nairobi. If you don't do it they will cancel your booking.
​​