Delayed seat selection with RJth RJ

Old Dec 20, 2017, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Delayed seat selection with RJth RJ

Bought a business LHR-AMM-BKK r/t last week, in the frenzy 54 year anniversary sale. During the process I was told seat selection would follow later. It didn't.

Tried to return to RJ webpage, linked to outsourced service for seat selection, optiontown.com and entered name, record locator and email address. Was thanked for the entry, "we'll return to you in a few days". They didn't.

So, today I call the sales rep in my country, they help me with an inquiry to HQ. Their answer was that as these flights are in October 2018, the earliest I can try (!) to return for seat selection is early May.

Is this the norm with RJ? Not the routine with other OW carriers. Previous flights with RJ have mostly been booked some 6-8 weeks in advance, so not comparable.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 9:46 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
Try looking up the PNR on Qatar.com or Finnair.com and attempt to update the seat there.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Many thanks for your advice. Will try when on a computer, presently limited by phone.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

@ Mods: Is it possible to delete 'RJth' (whatever that is) from thread title?
Not accessible to me.

Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Update:

Trying QR INTL, UK, US, SE webpages, reservation is accessed, alas no link for seat selection

Trying AY, I first try their UK webpage, where I access my booking, but no link for seat selection. On the SE webpage there is a the link for selecting seats, it also states that the price for seat selection is 0 - I'm OWE . However, I'm met by message :
'We are sorry, but we can not sell any seats for this flight presently. You will be assigned a seat at check-in'

What's the problem with RJ MMB?
Old Dec 25, 2017, 5:07 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Originally Posted by onobond
Update:

Trying QR INTL, UK, US, SE webpages, reservation is accessed, alas no link for seat selection

Trying AY, I first try their UK webpage, where I access my booking, but no link for seat selection. On the SE webpage there is a the link for selecting seats, it also states that the price for seat selection is 0 - I'm OWE . However, I'm met by message :
'We are sorry, but we can not sell any seats for this flight presently. You will be assigned a seat at check-in'

What's the problem with RJ MMB?
Where is the RJ MMB? I swear I found it at one point, but not cannot locate it anywhere.
Old Dec 25, 2017, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA
https://www.rj.com/en/plan-and-book/...r-ticket?tab=5
Old Dec 26, 2017, 10:41 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Thank you so much! I found this once and then for a week have been unable to locate it again!

This actually seemed to work and the seat assignments stuck this time - if I look up the reservation in Amadeus I can see the seats.

Last edited by dcmike; Dec 26, 2017 at 10:50 am
Old Dec 26, 2017, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks for the link. This page has a complete different look than the one I struggled with before. The bad news is that after entering PNR and name, the response is:

The seat map is not available for this flight. (8703(E))

Maybe I should say as some famous professor said, when concluding a scientific meeting: 'We're still confused, but on a higher level'
Old Dec 27, 2017, 8:54 am

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
The seat selection indeed opens around 6 months prior to the departure date. If you are in Y, you will find that half of the cabin is blocked and only opens up during OLCI.... and if you are in J, I can tell you that none of the seats are significantly superior/ inferior to the others.

I never had a problem selection the seat I want at OLCI... so just relax!
Old Dec 27, 2017, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Having read many comments on the small "bucket" foot space on all but bulkhead seats, I'll be eager to secure one of those for all four flights.

I most certainly approve of your final advice in the above post, in fact securing the best seat will help me relax
But waiting for OLCI - I don't dare that

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.