Kuwait: YQ?

Old Nov 20, 2017, 12:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH
Kuwait: YQ?

Hi all

is anyone aware whether Kuwait (the country, not the airline) has a ruling against levying some sort of YQ? Matrix doesn't show any in tax breakdowns.

thanks
Old Nov 20, 2017, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by flo-e
Hi all

is anyone aware whether Kuwait (the country, not the airline) has a ruling against levying some sort of YQ? Matrix doesn't show any in tax breakdowns.

thanks
I frequently buy tickets starting in Kuwait, the taxes/charges are very low.I just looked at recent reservation on EK...and no YQ listed in ticketed fare breakdown.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 12:04 am
Original Poster

Thanks. That's what I thought. I am looking for any relevant regulation from the authorities as I was charged (I believe wrongly) a fuel surcharge on an award ticket ex KWI.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 8:07 am

Thanks. That's what I thought. I am looking for any relevant regulation from the authorities as I was charged (I believe wrongly) a fuel surcharge on an award ticket ex KWI.
In the last month I've flown on 2 award tickets starting in Kuwait,both on GF and for neither I was charged fuel surcharge.in fact the "taxes" compared with other GCCC countries were very low. Which carrier was your award on ? And was it ticketed by that same carrier ? Regulations in Kuwait ? Good luck with that !
Old Nov 21, 2017, 10:53 am
Original Poster

EY flight in Topbonus award on 607 ticket stock.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 3:24 pm

EY flight in Topbonus award on 607 ticket stock.
I see, good luck fighting with them for YQ refund !
Do you know if they charge YQ for published/revenue fares starting KWI ?
Old Nov 22, 2017, 12:05 am
Original Poster

They don't

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.