Wiki Posts
Search

Flying Saudia from IAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2017, 6:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA
Flying Saudia from IAD

Hi. My husband is flying to RUH on Saudia from Dulles. Do they do online check in? If he carries on his bag, can he get a boarding pass and skip the line at the counter? A bit concerned about time to get checked in and thru TSA since they d not seem to use TSA PreCheck.

Also, anyone flown recently back from RUH? Can you put your iPad in your carryon?

Thanks!
Old Nov 16, 2017, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Anybody? I know it is not TSA that is the issue, does Saudia have restrictions? Thanks.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 7:26 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
You may want to consider asking a MOD to move this to the "other middle eastern airlines" forum for better attention. I haven't flown Saudia so can't answer your question but you are correct that SV does not participate in the PreCheck program so your husband will want to plan accordingly for regular security. With QR I was able to check-in but wasn't issued a boarding pass as their system wanted to verify my passport info but you know that way beforehand so he can plan accordingly when to arrive at the airport.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 7:40 am
Original Poster

Thanks! I will see if i can get it moved.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 9:22 am
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by welltended
Thanks! I will see if i can get it moved.
Sure. I will move this to Other Middle East AirlinesZ

l'etoile
sr moderator
Old Nov 18, 2017, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Thank you!
Old Nov 25, 2017, 4:30 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

I haven't flown SV from IAD but my boss did few times this year. He could not check in online, had to do it at the check in desk. He also flies with iPad pro and his laptop. Always with him. He didn't have to check it in with the baggage.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.