Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other Middle Eastern and African Airlines
Reload this Page >

Israeli security where on RJ / Royal Jordanian FRA-AMM-TLV?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2017, 5:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PPro/ 1MM+, Marriott LT Plat

I've been to israel three times. In each case on the flight leg that actually went to israel, there was extra security checks. Im flying DFW-FRA on AA, connecting to FRA-AMM-TLV on Royal Jordanian. Anyone taken this route before? If so, where is the extra security step done? FRA or AMM? Layover in AMM is short so curious if its done in FRA as a result
Old Sep 2, 2017, 6:21 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
It wouldn't really make sense to do it in FRA for a flight to AMM.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 6:24 am

Programs: OW Emerald
Surely this is a question for RJ rather than AA.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 7:53 am

While its common for extra security steps to be in place for a leg to TLV it is not universal (except perhaps for El Al). I've taken the AMM to TLV flight several times (although not in the last 2 years) and there was no particular extra security that I was aware of.

The level of security also tends to vary with the political situation which is logical.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 7:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Delta, Amtrak, Hertz PC
There was not extra security from AMM-TLV or from TLV-AMM on RJ when I flew it last year. The only extra security on my JFK-AMM-TLV-AMM-ORD rount trip was the AMM-ORD leg.

A quick layover at AMM shouldn't be a problem, especially if you stay in either the east or west terminal (even then, switching between the terminals only adds 5 minutes).
Old Sep 3, 2017, 8:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
As mentioned, extra security for flights to Israel is far from universal. I flew it on AZ from MXP and there was zero additional security. Went through the same transit security as everyone else and then just boarded the plane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.