Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other Middle Eastern and African Airlines
Reload this Page >

RJ online check-in not available for tickets issued by other airlines?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2017, 1:41 am
Original Poster

Am trying to check in online for an RJ flight (BA award booking) and getting a message that "check-in is not available for this booking". I hope that it is only the online check-in, and not the airport check-in tomorrow, that isn't available

Is it standard not to be able to check in online for RJ flights if the ticket was issued by another airline?

Last edited by hopeful_me; Jul 14, 2017 at 3:19 am
Old Jul 14, 2017, 5:09 am

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Originally Posted by hopeful_me
Am trying to check in online for an RJ flight (BA award booking) and getting a message that "check-in is not available for this booking". I hope that it is only the online check-in, and not the airport check-in tomorrow, that isn't available

Is it standard not to be able to check in online for RJ flights if the ticket was issued by another airline?
No, the ticket issuer does not matter, I have been checking in with S7 plated tickets for ages.

Where are you flying from? Some airports such as LHR and HKG are blocked from OLCI. Add to that the fact that RJ OLCI is one of the worst in terms of reliability and user friendliness, I would not be too worried if you can't OLCI, it's not unusual here.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
No, the ticket issuer does not matter, I have been checking in with S7 plated tickets for ages.

Where are you flying from? Some airports such as LHR and HKG are blocked from OLCI. Add to that the fact that RJ OLCI is one of the worst in terms of reliability and user friendliness, I would not be too worried if you can't OLCI, it's not unusual here.
Flying TLV-AMM. I am actually slightly worried as there are two passengers on separate bookings; one that was made directly with RJ had no problem checking in online, but the other, on the same flight but with a ticket issued by BA, couldn't check in.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 2:02 pm

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Originally Posted by hopeful_me
Flying TLV-AMM. I am actually slightly worried as there are two passengers on separate bookings; one that was made directly with RJ had no problem checking in online, but the other, on the same flight but with a ticket issued by BA, couldn't check in.
I would not be too worried as long as the ticket is issued. That said, the 341 is very full in both cabins tomorrow.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Thank you, Rami, it's the morning flight 343, but still oversold in business, the cabin for which the BA issued ticket is.

Will report in the morning how things have turned out.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 10:51 pm
Original Poster

Update

0 problems checking in at the airport. So the cause seems to have been the BA-issued ticket.

But, indeed, other tickets don't always cause issues. I remember flying on a QR-issued ticket with an RJ segment TLV-AMM, and could check in online for that flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.