Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Royal Jordanian

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2018, 10:31 pm

Anyone had issue's with the GoCrown business class upgrade process? I made a bid and it simply said there was an error after giving my payment info (for if my bid was accepted). Not a big deal, but would enjoy the upgrade if my bid (minimum) was accepted.

EDIT - my flight is tomorrow, so I realized maybe the upgrade window process is already finished. Just funny how it gave me the option easily to attempt it, and never said that this is why in the error message.

Last edited by jiaogulan; Oct 24, 2018 at 10:42 pm
Old Oct 24, 2018, 11:12 pm

Also, has anyone had issues paying directly on the RJ website for a ticket using American Express? I tried using a VPN from several different cities, but it maybe still recognized me in Malaysia, and offered me Visa, MasterCard, and Visa Electron only (despite the AMEX logo showing up top on this page...).
Old Oct 25, 2018, 5:07 am

Programs: OW Emerald(RJ), SA Gold(Turkish Elite)
Originally Posted by jiaogulan
Also, has anyone had issues paying directly on the RJ website for a ticket using American Express? I tried using a VPN from several different cities, but it maybe still recognized me in Malaysia, and offered me Visa, MasterCard, and Visa Electron only (despite the AMEX logo showing up top on this page...).
i was able to use my Amex when i called into the US number
jiaogulan likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 1:57 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SAS Gold (butt in seat)
Booked FRA-AMM-AUH-AMM-FRA on RJ, booking class Q.
Sadly, this does not earn any points on AY - which is my favourite earning programm. As I do not earn on BA, which one would be the best programme (maybe to convert miles into marriott rewards points)?

Second, we got seats assigned by random. On RJ's website, I can only change seats for money, bulkhed is way over. Being an OWS does not help much? Or call them directly?

Thanks,
Caro
Old Nov 28, 2018, 2:44 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SAS Gold (butt in seat)
Is there maybe a Mileage Chart for redeeming miles on RJ available with OW Partners? The HP only allows single routings to be checked.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 1:54 pm

Programs: BA GGL, IB PLATINO, AB GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Can someone tell me if during "Ramadan" period they have alcoholic drinks on air and in the crown lounge?
Old Dec 1, 2018, 8:03 am

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Originally Posted by PLATINOIB
Can someone tell me if during "Ramadan" period they have alcoholic drinks on air and in the crown lounge?
They do in the air, but not in the lounge.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 12:01 am

Programs: BAEC back to silver, Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by diamantaire
Flew ams-amm (a319) :
-The food : very good
-The service onboard: very good , the crew were attentive & friendly, (fyi , not dressed in traditional attire)
-the downside : not the best amenity kits, luckily carried my own stuff.

At amm :
-the security screening : the guy panics on seeing my laptop & insisted I had another laptop !! (Which wasn't the case)
- the lounge : agent at the entrance was friendly , there were not much veg food options, the showers were out of service. Was not very busy while I was there. Would have personally preferred if it hasn't been an open air lounge . Decent lounge , but the next time would opt for a shortr lay over.

Flew amm-dxb (a320):
-The food : very good
-The service onboard :very good , the crew were attentive & friendly, (fyi , not dressed in traditional attire)
-the downside : not the best amenity kits, luckily carried my own stuff, the same as the flight from ams-amm

All in all was pleasantly surprised by the good experience, wouldn't actually mind flying them again. The only thing I wish they would fly out from bru in the future.
Regarding the A319 or A320 (ex-EU): Would you say legroom is significantly different between row 1 and the other rows in J? I have AMS-AMM-AMS coming up shortly in 1A on both flights (as I somehow always tend to choose A1/F1 on shorter flights in single aisle aircraft) but I also have bad memories of an AA red-eye from HNL to LAX on a A321 while sitting in A1.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 11:08 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

AMM-BKK-AMM route experience

Hi,

I will in a couple of months time have flights on the AMM-BKK return route. Since the flight on both ends seems to depart quite late I was wondering what will be served?
I did read some reports at least for the AMM-BKK route, it is mainly a quick night snack and before landing breakfast. For the BKK-AMM flight, I did not find any report on this.

Am curious on both out/inbound flight what the meal service and generic service will be. I know that the service between EU-AMM is most of the time very good with good food and crew.

Cheers!
Old Jan 23, 2019, 11:17 am
Suspended

I passed on the meals but--from glancing at my neighbors trays--it seems there were two relatively substantial meals on AMM-BKK in eco the other day (and a third meal, more of a snack, on the BKK-KUL part after the technical stopover in BKK).
Old Jan 23, 2019, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by nldogbert
Hi,

I will in a couple of months time have flights on the AMM-BKK return route. Since the flight on both ends seems to depart quite late I was wondering what will be served?
I did read some reports at least for the AMM-BKK route, it is mainly a quick night snack and before landing breakfast. For the BKK-AMM flight, I did not find any report on this.

Am curious on both out/inbound flight what the meal service and generic service will be. I know that the service between EU-AMM is most of the time very good with good food and crew.

Cheers!
In business I only used a light meal and a good breakfast on the AMM-BKK sector.

Last edited by Great_circle; Jan 24, 2019 at 8:39 am Reason: Typo
Old Jan 23, 2019, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by Great_circle
Sorry for some very late input: I was on a short KUL-BKK trip in J about 3 years ago and everything was posted within two weeks on my BAEC-account. Despite the fact that at check-in in KUL they didn't know what to do with the BAEC-number (which was in the booking) so that worried me a bit. But as I said, everything posted in a timely manner.
But reading all those stories about the trouble that people seem to have with crediting RJ flights to other programs I feel a bit wary of having the same, as I'm about to book an ex EU trip to S.E. Asia.
A recent trip (longhaul-outbound portion) posted to BAEC exactly 14 days after travel.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 2:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, CX MPC Green, DL Gold, TG ROP Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by nldogbert
Hi,

Cheers!
I flew BKK-AMM in J class a couple of months ago. A supper, with salad, choice of 4 main courses and dessert, was served after take-off from Bangkok, and a basic continental breakfast was served about 90 minutes prior to landing.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 3:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I'm going to be flying RJ from BKK to HKG in J. As a gold OW member, will I get an allowance of three checked in bags? I've tried asking the airline vie email and I just get referred to a call centre.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 5:29 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by webstereo
I'm going to be flying RJ from BKK to HKG in J. As a gold OW member, will I get an allowance of three checked in bags? I've tried asking the airline vie email and I just get referred to a call centre.
As you will know in J, you are max to 2 pieces, and since it is BKK-HKG which is weight based. So even as a Gold (assuming = Sapphire status) you will be limited to 2 pieces, but might get off with additional weight of up to 15 kg (total).

This is the information I understand from the OneWorld website and most probably the same with the benefit as an Elite member with RJ (I don't know which program you are Gold with).
Of course you can always try and sweet talk the agent in HKG or hope that the agent closes his/her eye on your 3rd piece. The only way you get a 3rd piece is that if you are an Emerald member.

in my experience, flying with BA in J, and as Sapphire member with BA, I still had to pay for my 3rd piece.

Cheers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.