Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Royal Jordanian

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2019, 1:45 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Flying AQU-CAI in J next week. Layover in Amman for 8 hours. Free lounge access? Just did the seat selection and it came up as an option to pay.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 4:50 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SAS Gold (butt in seat)
Originally Posted by 47Chits
Flying AQU-CAI in J next week. Layover in Amman for 8 hours. Free lounge access? Just did the seat selection and it came up as an option to pay.
What Airline?
Old Jun 9, 2019, 6:09 am

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Originally Posted by 47Chits
Free access in AMM (there is no lounge in AQJ). The pay for option is for Y class pax and should not really be displayed to J cl pax.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 2:12 pm

Royal Jordanian
Old Jun 9, 2019, 2:13 pm

Yes, I thought it was strange paying double the price then being asked to pay 43JOD for lounge access for 4 hours.

Thank you!
Old Jun 16, 2019, 2:36 am

I'm trying to earn miles with my last RJ tix, Fare Q. For sure, this is nothing to talk about, but IB should credit these.
Unfortunately, IB does not offer the airline code from RJ, but all the other ones.
Trying to enter a corresponding AA codeshare did not work.

Do you have any suggestions? (keeping in mind the really miserable IB CS).

Caro
Old Jun 23, 2019, 3:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Hi - I am on RJ183 HKG-BKK. Can I use the checkin in downtown HKG? I want to get airside in HKG quite early so need to get a boarding pass somehow but the desk in the airport only opens at T-3hrs

Thanks
Old Jun 23, 2019, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by Carotthat
I'm trying to earn miles with my last RJ tix, Fare Q. For sure, this is nothing to talk about, but IB should credit these.
Unfortunately, IB does not offer the airline code from RJ, but all the other ones.
Trying to enter a corresponding AA codeshare did not work.

Do you have any suggestions? (keeping in mind the really miserable IB CS).

Caro
You'll need to credit as per your ticket (if you didn't book as a codeshare, then you can't claim as a codeshare).

BA allows RJ Q class, so if you have a BAEC account you can retroclaim there, then transfer the Avios over to IB. If you don't already have a BA account, then you can't do this.
Carotthat likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by BA6501
You'll need to credit as per your ticket (if you didn't book as a codeshare, then you can't claim as a codeshare).

BA allows RJ Q class, so if you have a BAEC account you can retroclaim there, then transfer the Avios over to IB. If you don't already have a BA account, then you can't do this.
Unfortunately, I dont't have an existing BA-Account, so this Option won't work out.
Any suggestions for IB itself? I wonder whether I am the first person who want's to claim miles on that booking class. Or truly, I am?
Old Jun 24, 2019, 1:10 am

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Originally Posted by awoxp
Hi - I am on RJ183 HKG-BKK. Can I use the checkin in downtown HKG? I want to get airside in HKG quite early so need to get a boarding pass somehow but the desk in the airport only opens at T-3hrs

Thanks
That's what I do all the time. RJ check-in @Kowloon/Hong Kong opens at 8AM.
Great_circle and awoxp like this.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Carotthat
Unfortunately, I dont't have an existing BA-Account, so this Option won't work out.
Any suggestions for IB itself? I wonder whether I am the first person who want's to claim miles on that booking class. Or truly, I am?
If it's not in the earning chart, then it won't earn Avios, no matter how many people want to claim miles for that booking class.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 2:18 am

Originally Posted by BA6501
If it's not in the earning chart, then it won't earn Avios, no matter how many people want to claim miles for that booking class.
That's the problem, it IS in the earning chart. Online it is not applicable to enter...
Old Jun 24, 2019, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In that case you should e-mail Iberia Plus.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 4:07 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Had a 7 hour layover in AMM. At RJ lounge they told me that lounge access is limited to 3 hours only. I was so speechless that they then said that this one time I can get in for more hours.
I was transiting on 2 separate tickets so they may though that I started my journey at AMM and come especially early.
Anyone had a similar experience?
Old Jul 10, 2019, 5:35 am

Programs: BAEC back to silver, Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by flyerby
Had a 7 hour layover in AMM. At RJ lounge they told me that lounge access is limited to 3 hours only. I was so speechless that they then said that this one time I can get in for more hours.
I was transiting on 2 separate tickets so they may though that I started my journey at AMM and come especially early.
Anyone had a similar experience?
Was access based on class of travel or with Priority Pass or similar? Last time I stayed in the AMM lounge, travelling in J, I would be staying well over 5 hours and I wasn’t made aware of any time limit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.