Royal Jordanian

Old Jun 12, 2024, 11:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by ironmanjt
I'll have some in about four weeks! I'll try and remember to post here.
I've got one in a bit under a month too that's now on that plane. I would have sworn I flew on an E2 version last year that had the old 1-2 configuration since they advertised those as having the larger overhead bins, but it definitely had the 1-2 configuration then.

The pics I've found look quite fine, no better or worse than the A320. At least on these there should be less risk of getting a last minute change to an A320 with no C cabin and sitting in an economy seat with partial C service.
Old Jun 12, 2024, 12:48 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by dvs7310
I've got one in a bit under a month too that's now on that plane. I would have sworn I flew on an E2 version last year that had the old 1-2 configuration since they advertised those as having the larger overhead bins, but it definitely had the 1-2 configuration then.

The pics I've found look quite fine, no better or worse than the A320. At least on these there should be less risk of getting a last minute change to an A320 with no C cabin and sitting in an economy seat with partial C service.
IIRC the first RJ E195-E2 was delivered early this year.
Old Jun 12, 2024, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Hi all,

Quick question for a last-minute upcoming RJ booking - it doesn't look like there is a VGML option, am I missing anything?

Off topic - but can anyone recommend the best way to get into the city late at night (for a single woman who is not very adventurous, but speaks Arabic, in case that matters)? Any experience with the RJ "limo" service that can be added via MMB?

Last edited by BA6501; Jun 12, 2024 at 6:39 pm
Old Jun 12, 2024, 7:13 pm

Programs: RJ Platinum, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
I flew the E2 earlier this month from LCA. Not bad in Y, but did not try J yet. The internet did not work on my flight.
​​​​​​​

MichielR likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2024, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by BA6501
Hi all,

Quick question for a last-minute upcoming RJ booking - it doesn't look like there is a VGML option, am I missing anything?

Off topic - but can anyone recommend the best way to get into the city late at night (for a single woman who is not very adventurous, but speaks Arabic, in case that matters)? Any experience with the RJ "limo" service that can be added via MMB?
Do you see a VGML option in MMB? https://www.rj.com/en/info-and-tips/.../special-meals indicates they have the 'full range' of special meals.

You can use Uber in AMM but with a middle of the night arrival last month I arranged a car through my hotel. It was a bit more expensive ($10 equivalent) for a no worries, no hassle experience.
Old Jun 13, 2024, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MichielR
Do you see a VGML option in MMB? https://www.rj.com/en/info-and-tips/.../special-meals indicates they have the 'full range' of special meals.
Unfortunately not - a huge list, but nothing VGML oddly! Closest I suppose is Jain...?

You can use Uber in AMM but with a middle of the night arrival last month I arranged a car through my hotel. It was a bit more expensive ($10 equivalent) for a no worries, no hassle experience.
Thanks!
Old Jun 13, 2024, 8:34 am

Unfortunately not - a huge list, but nothing VGML oddly! Closest I suppose is Jain...?

Thanks!
How strange, the FAQ state:

Can I choose a vegetarian meal

Yes, you can order a vegetarian meal from our special request menu. You must order this meal a minimum of 24 hours prior to your scheduled departure time.
Old Jun 13, 2024, 10:40 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
IIRC the first RJ E195-E2 was delivered early this year.
I wonder what it was then, because i was on RJ quite a few times between CAI and AMM late last year and in January this year and I'm quite sure they were already going on about the extra size of the overhead bins on the E-Jets. I didn't screenshot anything obviously because it was irrelevant at the time, just reflecting. Maybe they added larger overhead bins up front before the new seats?
Old Jun 13, 2024, 10:30 pm

Thanks!
What's the route and class and how many days till departue?

For one of my random bookings I see at least 3 vegeterian options:

Old Jun 13, 2024, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by dvs7310
I wonder what it was then, because i was on RJ quite a few times between CAI and AMM late last year and in January this year and I'm quite sure they were already going on about the extra size of the overhead bins on the E-Jets. I didn't screenshot anything obviously because it was irrelevant at the time, just reflecting. Maybe they added larger overhead bins up front before the new seats?
They did not reconfigure the old E jets, because they are about to be retired.
Old Jun 15, 2024, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
What's the route and class and how many days till departue?

For one of my random bookings I see at least 3 vegeterian options:

J, 5-7 days out, BEY-AMM-MAD-AMM
I see the same list as you, but VGML is generally displayed as "Vegan". Looking at it now, I suppose "Vegetarian" = VGML, and "Vegetarian Lacto-Ovo" = VLML...

In any case, trip cancelled so will never find out I suppose!
Old Jun 15, 2024, 1:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, FlyingBlue Gold
After the move to terminal 2C in CDG, is there still a lounge available? Has RJ a contract with the PrimeClass lounge like some other airlines that recently moved to terminal 2C
Old Jun 16, 2024, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by mrhocA
After the move to terminal 2C in CDG, is there still a lounge available? Has RJ a contract with the PrimeClass lounge like some other airlines that recently moved to terminal 2C
Is that just the return to previous situation = RJ uses the AA lounge in the junction 2A-2C ?
Old Jun 16, 2024, 3:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, FlyingBlue Gold
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Is that just the return to previous situation = RJ uses the AA lounge in the junction 2A-2C ?
The AA Lounge is still closed and no terminal change to 2A/C for AA is announced.
Old Jun 18, 2024, 4:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Singapore Airlines Gold
[QUOTE=twoclicks;36230098]
Originally Posted by twoclicks

As an update, I have been changed to a Heathrow flight, so..
Can't update you on STN! although it could be changed back of course...
As a data point, BKK - AMM and AMM - LHR credited very promptly to BAEC, 140 and 80 TP respectively. Flew on 16.06 and credited overnight, seen on 17.06.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.