FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Middle Eastern and African Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-middle-eastern-african-airlines-471/)
-   -   Problems with ET Ethiopian crediting Star Alliance miles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-middle-eastern-african-airlines/1828806-problems-et-ethiopian-crediting-star-alliance-miles.html)

shonamac Mar 11, 2017 10:02 am

Problems with ET Ethiopian crediting Star Alliance miles

Has anyone else experienced problems in getting ET to credit mileage for flights flown on ET in eligible classes to other Star Alliance FQTV programs?

B747-437B Mar 12, 2017 3:10 am

Depends on the partner program being credited to.

I've seen ET flights post to Turkish and United like clockwork within 72 hours.

On the flip side, I've never had a single flight post to Aegean and every single one had to be retro-claimed.

dvs7310 Mar 12, 2017 3:21 am

Quite a few trips with ET and I've only had a problem once. I inquired with MileagePlus and they said ET claimed that we credited the flights to their own ShebaMiles program. This was impossible as neither myself nor my companion had ShebaMiles accounts, so finally after some back and forth it got straightened out. It was just a short ADD-NBO segment fortunately, so even if it was lost it wasn't a huge deal. The long haul on the same trip was credited to UA MP with no issue.

rava.stuff Mar 12, 2017 3:21 am

I haven't had any issues with ET crediting to A3 M+B programme automatically. The miles appear in around 7 days after the flight. Last ET flights was 3 weeks ago and credited just fine.

However, always make sure to double-check that the FT number is registered on your ticket. I usually insert it at booking but depending on the airport, it happened many times that they issued the boarding card without referencing my M+B number. They had to insert it manually again in the system.

dvs7310 Mar 12, 2017 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by rava.stuff (Post 28025273)
I haven't had any issues with ET crediting to A3 M+B programme automatically. The miles appear in around 7 days after the flight. Last ET flights was 3 weeks ago and credited just fine.

However, always make sure to double-check that the FT number is registered on your ticket. I usually insert it at booking but depending on the airport, it happened many times that they issued the boarding card without referencing my M+B number. They had to insert it manually again in the system.

Good point, and something to remember every time you check in with ET. About as often as not, their system drops the Frequent Flyer number whether the ticket is bought from ET directly or a 3rd party site. For whatever reason it has to be manually inserted again. This is not just on your outbound flight, it still happens on inbound as well... so best practice is just to hand them your card each time you check in and ask them to verify that it's there.

B747-437B Mar 13, 2017 5:59 am

Originally Posted by rava.stuff (Post 28025273)

Wow. I've got about a dozen employees who credit to Aegean M+B and I can honestly state that in 3+ years and probably 200 flights between them, they haven't had a single ET flight credit without having to retro-claim. The number and the status A3*G/A3*S as applicable shows up on their boarding passes, but no miles ever post.

My brother in law flew on an ET 071-stock issued ticket interlining to/from AI BLZ-ADD-DEL-CCU vv and the AI sectors posted fine (through check-in), but the ET ones had to be retro-claimed.

W126Pilot Mar 14, 2017 6:51 am

Originally Posted by B747-437B (Post 28029672)
Wow. I've got about a dozen employees who credit to Aegean M+B and I can honestly state that in 3+ years and probably 200 flights between them, they haven't had a single ET flight credit without having to retro-claim. The number and the status A3*G/A3*S as applicable shows up on their boarding passes, but no miles ever post.

How unfortunate! In the past 2 or 3 years, I've never had to retro-claim ET flights for A3 miles, including when flying from some relatively "remote" locations.

I wonder what's causing this?