Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other Middle Eastern and African Airlines
Reload this Page >

Ethiopian Airlines - awards blocked on some routes?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2017, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BA-GGL, LH-Sen

Does anyone know whether ET blocks awards to certain destinations from other Star carriers?

I've been trying to price up an award to HAH and can't seem to be able to do this. NH's system doesn't recognise the destination at all and LH are telling me they cannot either and that while they can see seat availability for my dates, they can't price it up.

I initially thought this was because HAH is a relatively new destination. But then playing around with the system I realised that TNR, an even newer destination, is available. And that HGA which has been around for years is similarly not available.

Can anyone shed any light on this? Is it a bug of some sorts or something else going on?
Old Feb 17, 2017, 12:03 am

I know someone who has used UA miles to book a ticket into HGA, so it's not being blocked on the ET end for sure. Most likely the LH/NH systems are not properly setup to recognise the destination.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 4:04 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Shebamiles, WorldPerks
Originally Posted by B747-437B
I know someone who has used UA miles to book a ticket into HGA, so it's not being blocked on the ET end for sure. Most likely the LH/NH systems are not properly setup to recognise the destination.
Looks like OP is talking about Moroni, not Hargeisa.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 12:38 am

Originally Posted by ETStar
Looks like OP is talking about Moroni, not Hargeisa.
He was discussing both.

Originally Posted by OP
And that HGA which has been around for years is similarly not available.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BA-GGL, LH-Sen
Just a quick update on this to say that after trying for a few weeks (the team at LH miles & more were great) they eventually found a a work-around for HAH. I'm not sure if that means there's no glitch any more but at least they found a solution.

In the end though, I didn't book it because they were pricing it as a 3 region award which are terrible value.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.