Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ET - 20 min connection Intl to Intl in ADD?

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2019, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Yes, unless your incoming flight is late, you will make that connection. Nothing to worry about. I also assume that there are numerous flights a day ADD-CAI.
Old May 11, 2019, 3:39 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus
I feel this is another important note to make: Many departing flights out of ADD during the most busy rush-hour time (23:00 - 00:30) are often 20-45 min delayed in departure. I think it is fair to say the airport is working at over-capacity during this time of the day. Or perhaps they are just delaying departures to wait for incoming passengers on delayed flights. I have seen passengers board planes to e.g. CAN and IAD at 30-45+ min past departure times. In one case of IAD, last passenger boarded close to one hour past scheduled departure. The rest of us had the questionable pleasure of waiting on the aircraft for 90-120min after boarding before taxiing.
Old May 17, 2019, 5:21 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi,

I asked the same question in the Destination forum, but did not get a response - so wondering if I will score better here.

Anyway, I was wondering, is it possible to do a back to back with KQ including checked bags - the plane arrives ADD at 1.55 am and departs at 3.00 am. Will I be able to do a INT-INT transfer for this? It will be on separate OT. I am sure it will be the same plane.
Or should I explain this at check-in from my first destination (JNB) and also showing the ticket - can they ticket it by skipping the NBO-ADD-NBO segment and just JNB-NBO-destination?
If this is possible - than I guess the transfer will be smoother...

What's the experience here?

Cheers!
Old May 19, 2019, 12:51 am

Programs: *A
Originally Posted by nldogbert
Hi,

I asked the same question in the Destination forum, but did not get a response - so wondering if I will score better here.

Anyway, I was wondering, is it possible to do a back to back with KQ including checked bags - the plane arrives ADD at 1.55 am and departs at 3.00 am. Will I be able to do a INT-INT transfer for this? It will be on separate OT. I am sure it will be the same plane.
Or should I explain this at check-in from my first destination (JNB) and also showing the ticket - can they ticket it by skipping the NBO-ADD-NBO segment and just JNB-NBO-destination?
If this is possible - than I guess the transfer will be smoother...

What's the experience here?

Cheers!
I don't know KQ's policy on short checking, but that would be your only practical option. You will not have enough time to clear immigration, claim your bags, and check them in before the counter closes. Also, it is impossible to tag your bags JNB-NBO-ADD-NBO. Hence, your only option is to ask in JNB to just tag your bags to NBO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.