Old Aug 11, 2017, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: B747-437B
Ethiopian Long-Haul Aircraft with Flat Bed Seats
(UPDATED 05NOV23)

TOTAL : 59 aircraft - 49 with fully flat beds, 10 with 160-angled flat

At least 50+ aircraft with WiFi. WiFi has now been installed on almost all 787s in addition to the 777/350 fleet.

Boeing 777-200LRs
(Total 6 - with WiFi)

ET-ANN - Yes - Zodiac Aura Lite
ET-ANO - Yes - Zodiac Aura Lite
ET-ANP - Yes - Zodiac Aura Lite
ET-ANQ - Yes - Zodiac Aura Lite
ET-ANR - Yes - Zodiac Aura Lite
ET-AQL - Yes - Zodiac Aura Lite

Boeing 777-300ERs
(Total 4 - with WiFi)

ET-APX - Yes - Zodiac Aura Lite
ET-APY - Yes - Zodiac Aura Lite
ET-ASK - Yes - Zodiac Aura Lite
ET-ASL - Yes - Zodiac Aura Lite

Boeing 787-8s
(Total 19 - most - if not all - now fitted with WiFi)

===
ET-AOO - No - Zodiac Aura Lite (angled)
ET-AOP - No - Zodiac Aura Lite (angled)
ET-AOQ - No - Zodiac Aura Lite (angled)
ET-AOR - No - Zodiac Aura Lite (angled)
ET-AOS - No - Zodiac Aura Lite (angled)
ET-AOT - No - Zodiac Aura Lite (angled)
ET-AOU - No - Zodiac Aura Lite (angled)
ET-AOV - No - Zodiac Aura Lite (angled)
ET-ARE - No - Zodiac Aura Lite (angled)
ET-ARF - No - Zodiac Aura Lite (angled)
ET-ASG - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-ASH - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-ASI - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-ATG - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-ATH - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-ATI - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-ATJ - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-ATK - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-ATL - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel

NOTE : All B787-8 flights are loaded with the flat bed seatmap until between 48-72 hours prior to the flight. Check back within 48 hours when the actual aircraft is allocated and the seatmap may change. If row 11 shows seats ABC-DEF-JKL, then you have the old configuration. If it shows only seats JKL for row 11, then it is the new configuration.

Boeing 787-9s
(Total 10 - all equipped with WiFi)

ET-AUO - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AUP - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AUQ - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AUR - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AXK - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AXL - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AXS - Yes - Collins Aerospace Super Diamond (Reverse Herringbone)
ET-AYC - Yes - Collins Aerospace Super Diamond (Reverse Herringbone)
ET-AYD - Yes - Collins Aerospace Super Diamond (Reverse Herringbone)
ET-AXT - Yes - Collins Aerospace Super Diamond (Reverse Herringbone)

Airbus 350-900s
(Total 20 - all equipped with Wifi)

ET-ATQ - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-ATR - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-ATY - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AUA - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AUB - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AUC - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AVB - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AVC - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AVD - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AVE - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AWM - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AWN - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AWO - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AWP - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AYA - Yes - Safran Optima (New config)
ET-AYB - Yes - Safran Optima (New config)
ET-AYM - Yes - Safran Optima (New config)
ET-AYN - Yes - Safran Optima (New config)
ET-AZI - Yes - Safran Optima (New config)
ET-AZN - Yes - Safran Optima (New config)

Print Wikipost

Ethiopian Best Business Class Seats?

Old Jun 6, 2024, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by B747-437B
They use the SABRE Auto Seat Restore AI module for this - it is fully automated.
Does it mean that I fave no idea if I book widow seat I'll actually will have window seat? Do you know at what time they use this SABRE? Any idea till what latest time I'll be able change seat online via "Manage my booking" feature?
Old Jun 8, 2024, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by icehelgi
Does it mean that I fave no idea if I book widow seat I'll actually will have window seat? Do you know at what time they use this SABRE? Any idea till what latest time I'll be able change seat online via "Manage my booking" feature?
They will usually (I say usually because the algorithm is customisable) reseat using the below logic in order :

1) Paid ASRs
2) SSR specific rules (eg. WCHR pax)
3) Same seat number retained (so 1A keeps 1A, etc..)
4) Passengers on same PNR reseated together
5) Window to window, aisle to aisle (Star Alliance status considered first)
6) Front to back based on availability

The program runs automatically as soon as the new aircraft type is loaded so the new ASRs are immediately reflected on the seatmap in real time.

You can change your seat assignment right until closure time via either MMB or OLCI. I recommend using the OLCI module instead of MMB within the last 48 hours as that is directly interfaced with the DCS while using MMB still requires ADL exchange messages.
Old Jun 10, 2024, 10:01 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
They will usually (I say usually because the algorithm is customisable) reseat using the below logic in order :

1) Paid ASRs
2) SSR specific rules (eg. WCHR pax)
3) Same seat number retained (so 1A keeps 1A, etc..)
4) Passengers on same PNR reseated together
5) Window to window, aisle to aisle (Star Alliance status considered first)
6) Front to back based on availability

The program runs automatically as soon as the new aircraft type is loaded so the new ASRs are immediately reflected on the seatmap in real time.

You can change your seat assignment right until closure time via either MMB or OLCI. I recommend using the OLCI module instead of MMB within the last 48 hours as that is directly interfaced with the DCS while using MMB still requires ADL exchange messages.
Thanks for the very detailed response. We (party of 2) have an existing reservation that includes an ADD-YYZ segment coming up in this September. I have both of us in seats that map to window seats. The ones next to the interior cabin wall and furthest form the aisle (like 2A & 4A) so we are in a good position if the aircraft is switched to one of the Safari Optima A350s. I am assuming that we will maintain our seats if the aircraft is switched to the ones I am hoping for. I'll be watching it aggressively starting about 72 hours before departure in any case.

On another note, I have been watching the older 788 airframes to see if any have been going offline for some sort of heavy maintenance. I haven't seen any of the ET-AOx or ET-ARx aircraft sit on the ground for any stretch in time. Do you have any idea as to when the new business retrofit will actually start?
Old Jun 10, 2024, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by cheltzel
On another note, I have been watching the older 788 airframes to see if any have been going offline for some sort of heavy maintenance. I haven't seen any of the ET-AOx or ET-ARx aircraft sit on the ground for any stretch in time. Do you have any idea as to when the new business retrofit will actually start?
Reconfiguration project is on hold due to engine shortages that do not allow them to remove any 787s from service for anything beyond absolute basic maintenance.
Old Jun 11, 2024, 6:21 am

Reconfiguration project is on hold due to engine shortages that do not allow them to remove any 787s from service for anything beyond absolute basic maintenance.
I looked it up and didn't realize there was such a shortage of GEnx-1B engines and parts.
Old Jun 14, 2024, 10:17 am

Slightly off topic but when does the check in counter at ORD open?

also, flightaware is showing my tail number as a 1-2-1 config but the seat map still shows 2-2-2 and were withing 24 hours
Old Jun 14, 2024, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by kodalip
Slightly off topic but when does the check in counter at ORD open?

also, flightaware is showing my tail number as a 1-2-1 config but the seat map still shows 2-2-2 and we’re withing 24 hours
FlightRadar24 shows ET-AXD for Saturday's flight. And ExpertFlyer shows the seat map as 1-2-1 in business.

Last edited by cheltzel; Jun 14, 2024 at 11:14 pm
Old Jun 21, 2024, 4:23 pm

Perhaps the thread can be updated with all A350 planes that offers 1-2-1 config? I saw plenty recently at ADD and it seems that product is old? not sure why?
Old Jun 22, 2024, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by DirektornSE
Perhaps the thread can be updated with all A350 planes that offers 1-2-1 config? I saw plenty recently at ADD and it seems that product is old? not sure why?
There are no additional A350s with a newer product than what is noted in the Wiki.
Old Jun 27, 2024, 1:50 am

Seems Im stuck on an angle flat 787. Any recommendations for the best seat? Solo traveler
Old Jun 28, 2024, 5:57 am

Programs: Eurobonus
A side question here, is ET deliberately using equipment based on tickets sold, or are they just trying to resolve the daily puzzle wheen choosing equipment? Shipping my mother in law with 715 in a few days and noticed that the last two weeks is a lovely blend of 777, 788 and 789 in both configurations - but never a 350. This route used to have a 788, then 789 fairly consistently, but it's been all over the place for some time now.

I will of course check within 48 hrs and reallocate her if she strikes lucky with a 1-2-1.
Old Jun 29, 2024, 6:11 am

Seems Im stuck on an angle flat 787. Any recommendations for the best seat? Solo traveler
Actually got swapped to a newer plane for the ADD-LFW-IAD flight even though the tail number the day before was an older one. Interestingly my plane was a RR engined one which I thought they weren't using for transatlantic
Old Jun 29, 2024, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by Jetboi
noticed that the last two weeks is a lovely blend of 777, 788 and 789 in both configurations - but never a 350
Crew are cross trained across the 787/777 fleet but separate crew for the Airbus. Hence you will see swaps between 77L/77W/788/789 but never to 359 if it is a layover destination.
Old Jun 29, 2024, 1:28 pm

Interestingly my plane was a RR engined one which I thought they weren't using for transatlantic
They can be used for the shorter Lome transatlantics with slight payload restriction. But they can't be deployed on the nonstop routes returning from North America directly to Addis.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.