Old Aug 11, 2017, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: B747-437B
Ethiopian Long-Haul Aircraft with Flat Bed Seats
(UPDATED 05NOV23)

TOTAL : 59 aircraft - 49 with fully flat beds, 10 with 160-angled flat

At least 50+ aircraft with WiFi. WiFi has now been installed on almost all 787s in addition to the 777/350 fleet.

Boeing 777-200LRs
(Total 6 - with WiFi)

ET-ANN - Yes - Zodiac Aura Lite
ET-ANO - Yes - Zodiac Aura Lite
ET-ANP - Yes - Zodiac Aura Lite
ET-ANQ - Yes - Zodiac Aura Lite
ET-ANR - Yes - Zodiac Aura Lite
ET-AQL - Yes - Zodiac Aura Lite

Boeing 777-300ERs
(Total 4 - with WiFi)

ET-APX - Yes - Zodiac Aura Lite
ET-APY - Yes - Zodiac Aura Lite
ET-ASK - Yes - Zodiac Aura Lite
ET-ASL - Yes - Zodiac Aura Lite

Boeing 787-8s
(Total 19 - most - if not all - now fitted with WiFi)

===
ET-AOO - No - Zodiac Aura Lite (angled)
ET-AOP - No - Zodiac Aura Lite (angled)
ET-AOQ - No - Zodiac Aura Lite (angled)
ET-AOR - No - Zodiac Aura Lite (angled)
ET-AOS - No - Zodiac Aura Lite (angled)
ET-AOT - No - Zodiac Aura Lite (angled)
ET-AOU - No - Zodiac Aura Lite (angled)
ET-AOV - No - Zodiac Aura Lite (angled)
ET-ARE - No - Zodiac Aura Lite (angled)
ET-ARF - No - Zodiac Aura Lite (angled)
ET-ASG - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-ASH - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-ASI - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-ATG - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-ATH - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-ATI - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-ATJ - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-ATK - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-ATL - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel

NOTE : All B787-8 flights are loaded with the flat bed seatmap until between 48-72 hours prior to the flight. Check back within 48 hours when the actual aircraft is allocated and the seatmap may change. If row 11 shows seats ABC-DEF-JKL, then you have the old configuration. If it shows only seats JKL for row 11, then it is the new configuration.

Boeing 787-9s
(Total 10 - all equipped with WiFi)

ET-AUO - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AUP - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AUQ - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AUR - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AXK - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AXL - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AXS - Yes - Collins Aerospace Super Diamond (Reverse Herringbone)
ET-AYC - Yes - Collins Aerospace Super Diamond (Reverse Herringbone)
ET-AYD - Yes - Collins Aerospace Super Diamond (Reverse Herringbone)
ET-AXT - Yes - Collins Aerospace Super Diamond (Reverse Herringbone)

Airbus 350-900s
(Total 20 - all equipped with Wifi)

ET-ATQ - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-ATR - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-ATY - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AUA - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AUB - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AUC - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AVB - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AVC - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AVD - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AVE - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AWM - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AWN - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AWO - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AWP - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AYA - Yes - Safran Optima (New config)
ET-AYB - Yes - Safran Optima (New config)
ET-AYM - Yes - Safran Optima (New config)
ET-AYN - Yes - Safran Optima (New config)
ET-AZI - Yes - Safran Optima (New config)
ET-AZN - Yes - Safran Optima (New config)

Print Wikipost

Ethiopian Best Business Class Seats?

Old Oct 3, 2021, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by cheltzel
Can these blocked seats be easily assigned in advance via a telephone call, or a message on social media?
No. If the block is set up properly (which is not always the case), it can only be removed at DCS level by a supervisor - so that means only when the check-in window opens. Reservations has no access to that module.
Old Oct 3, 2021, 9:45 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by B747-437B
No. If the block is set up properly (which is not always the case), it can only be removed at DCS level by a supervisor - so that means only when the check-in window opens. Reservations has no access to that module.
Does that mean they become available for assignment via the web/app at T-24 or available to the agents on the phone (or at physical check in at the airport)?
Old Oct 4, 2021, 1:05 am

Does that mean they become available for assignment via the web/app at T-24 or available to the agents on the phone (or at physical check in at the airport)?
Any user with supervisor access to the DCS module (which would usually only be airport users) can remove the blocks once the PNL drops (which I believe is at T-72).
Old Oct 4, 2021, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by B747-437B
Any user with supervisor access to the DCS module (which would usually only be airport users) can remove the blocks once the PNL drops (which I believe is at T-72).
Do you think I could get the seats changed by going to the airport 2 or 3 days in advance? We live about 10 - 20 minutes from ORD (depending on traffic). Or I could call the ORD sales office for ET as I believe they staff there often work check-ins and at the gate.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 12:59 am

Do you think I could get the seats changed by going to the airport 2 or 3 days in advance? We live about 10 - 20 minutes from ORD (depending on traffic). Or I could call the ORD sales office for ET as I believe they staff there often work check-ins and at the gate.
Yes indeed it can be done that way if the staff are willing.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 7:27 am

Programs: AA L.T. Plat; UA Platinum
Ethiopian staff in Entebbe was wonderfully helpful when I needed to buy a same day ticket EBB-ADD-JNB when my KQ flight cancelled. Just hope you have enough connecting time in ADD to enjoy the great Ethiopian buffet items in the ET lounge. Best Ethiopian food I've eaten. But if you can't get good Ethiopian food in Ethiopia... Anyway, hope the counter agents will unblock the seats for you...
Old Oct 5, 2021, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by nsoltz
Ethiopian staff in Entebbe was wonderfully helpful when I needed to buy a same day ticket EBB-ADD-JNB when my KQ flight cancelled. Just hope you have enough connecting time in ADD to enjoy the great Ethiopian buffet items in the ET lounge. Best Ethiopian food I've eaten. But if you can't get good Ethiopian food in Ethiopia... Anyway, hope the counter agents will unblock the seats for you...
I am finding that ET is the only airline for convenient flights from the US to Lusaka. I will have a 1H55M connection on the way to LUN and 1H45M on the way back to ORD. We will be in and out of Lusaka form the end of August to mid September next year (going to multiple camps over a 17 day stay). Let me or my wife know if you will be in Zambia and we can get a bite to eat, or a drink or something.

I saw the buffet during the last trip from JNB back the US. The food looked wonderful. But I expect we will at best be able to grab a beverage and maybe a quick snack on the way to LUN.

I've already reached out to ET customer support on FaceBook for the bulkhead seats, we shall see how it goes.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 5:09 am

For me, ET EWR-ADD has a stop in Togo and a long layover in ADD. The ORD flight, as you point out, is much more convenient to LUN. Having flown the UA EWR-JNB route twice, I like that flight and that connection. Particularly with discovering City Lodge hotel at JNB and the Nando's Peri Peri Chicken in the food court. But to go OT and enter a different sphere, have any of you been following reports that ET ferried weapons to Eritrea for use in the Tigray civil war? Accusations and ET denials. Story is worth following.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by nsoltz
For me, ET EWR-ADD has a stop in Togo and a long layover in ADD. The ORD flight, as you point out, is much more convenient to LUN. Having flown the UA EWR-JNB route twice, I like that flight and that connection. Particularly with discovering City Lodge hotel at JNB and the Nando's Peri Peri Chicken in the food court. But to go OT and enter a different sphere, have any of you been following reports that ET ferried weapons to Eritrea for use in the Tigray civil war? Accusations and ET denials. Story is worth following.
We found that Ampath Labs has a desk in the lobby of the City Lodge Hotel at JNB. You can get your Covid test sample taken after you check in and get the results back by midnight. Perfect for leaving the next morning, with test results that are less than 24 hours old.

We've used the take away palaces in the terminal too. I found several restaurants in a "tourist trap" kind of attraction adjacent to the airport called The Emperors Palace. My most recent trip included a visit to Braza (link). The food was pretty good and they have a decent wine list. The food is Mediterranean, Portuguese and Mozambique (including a pretty spicy piri piri) I like going there because it is a quick Uber ride form the airport hotels and we can get out of the airport but don't have to take a longer ride or the Gautrain to Sandton or Rosebank.
uanj likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 11:52 am

YEs. When I was at City Lodge in August, I saw the Ampath desk in the lobby. Fortunately even with my overnight in JNB, my COVID test from EWR was still valid. But I did speak with several people who were headed for Botswana and with connections from the west coast would have been beyond 72 hours, so they used the Ampath pop up.
uanj likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 8:29 am

Programs: None
Ethiopian Airlines 787-800 AOO is no longer in storage. Please update this in the wiki! Thanks!
B747-437B likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by dronboard
Ethiopian Airlines 787-800 AOO is no longer in storage. Please update this in the wiki! Thanks!
Thanks. Updated this, as well as the departure of 763 ALO from passenger service.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 3:10 am

The 17th A350 (ET-AYM) has been delivered this week and features the reverse herringbone seats and Wifi.
Parterre likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 2:09 pm

RE: 787-9

Hey all,

I'm a little confused by ET's 787-9's. Do all the 787-9's have the all aisle access seats or is it only some of them?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by 108912
RE: 787-9

Hey all,

I'm a little confused by ET's 787-9's. Do all the 787-9's have the all aisle access seats or is it only some of them?

Thanks in advance.
All the 788's and 789's have 2-2-2 configs except those in the Wiki with the notation "reverse herringbone". The same goes for the 359's.
B747-437B likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.