Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ethiopian baggage

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2016, 10:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by Sciamano

I've a FCO-HKG and a FCO-JNB. Both r/t and in economy. What should I expect?
FCO to HKG is one of those wicked all day connections isn't it?

I think you'll get 40kg on both, but again check your e-ticket to be sure. I don't think any of those are piece concept countries but I can't find a definitive list, it changes all the time and seems more countries are going to it. I saw Emirates now has all of Africa on piece concept as of Spring this year but I'm not aware that applies to other airlines.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by dvs7310
You must be originating or terminating in a piece concept country then. Typically then that's 2x 23kg for economy or 2x 32kg for business class. These also vary though, so still dependent on which of the piece concept countries is involved.
I' ll start in Italy and my destination is south africa...
Old Jul 9, 2016, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by want2fly4less
I' ll start in Italy and my destination is south africa...
The best bet is 2*23kg for economy and 2*32kg for business, from experience between European and African destinations.
Old May 26, 2019, 5:00 am

Programs: M&S Elite+
I know this is an old thread, but I am going to add this as a data point for anyone else that searches for the domestic excess baggage rate. Today, an extra 23kg bag on the Addis-Gondar flight cost 500Bir ($17). I don't know why ET cannot put these basic charges on their site. If you want to carry a TV or skis half way round the planet, they tell you that but not what we really need to know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.