Ethiopian - new online upgrade auction

Old May 28, 2022, 11:59 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, *A Gold
So … now got the confirmation of bid for the first flight. Exactly 6 hrs before flight.

And second leg was confirmed at some random time, approx 5 hrs 45 minutes before flight.
B747-437B likes this.

Last edited by Tragedie_v_JZD; May 29, 2022 at 10:53 am
Old Jun 10, 2022, 9:52 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Minimum bid for below routes

LHR to ADD - Ł515pp
ADD to LHR - Ł435pp
Old Sep 23, 2022, 3:06 am

Programs: LH Sen, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Tragedie_v_JZD
Few days ago I placed bid on today (29.5) ZNZ-ADD and early morning (30.5) redeye ADD-VIE . Placed minimum bid + 5USD.

no emails in 48h neither 24h advance for any of those flights, biding is still opened, availibility for both flights in business class is 7+ …
What was the minimum bid for ADD-VIE?
If you use the Star Alliance Gold lounge do you know if I can take a guest as A*Gold?
Old Sep 23, 2022, 5:22 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus
Originally Posted by georgo
If you use the Star Alliance Gold lounge do you know if I can take a guest as A*Gold?
When flying as Star Alliance Gold, you can always enter any *Gold lounge and bring in a guest. However, both you and the guest must each have a valid boarding pass for a Star Alliance Flight. Doesn't have to be same flight, but must be with Star Alliance.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 2:46 am

Programs: LH Sen, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Goaguy
When flying as Star Alliance Gold, you can always enter any *Gold lounge and bring in a guest. However, both you and the guest must each have a valid boarding pass for a Star Alliance Flight. Doesn't have to be same flight, but must be with Star Alliance.
Off course, I know this rule but on the website of the lounge it stated "Currently, due to COVID-19, we regret to inform our esteemed customers that Ethiopian lounge at Addis Ababa Bole International Airport is not accepting guests as per the star alliance regulation". Therefore I am asking if anybody has experience with this lounge at this time.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 5:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by georgo
Off course, I know this rule but on the website of the lounge it stated "Currently, due to COVID-19, we regret to inform our esteemed customers that Ethiopian lounge at Addis Ababa Bole International Airport is not accepting guests as per the star alliance regulation". Therefore I am asking if anybody has experience with this lounge at this time.
I've taken guests into the lounge even at the height of COVID, so that is not something that I have seen enforced in practice.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 6:00 am

Hi all on another ET flight early Jan.
Has there been any record of the min bid amount reducing or increasing the closer the day of the flight arrives? Not sure if i should put my min bids in now or wait..
Old Dec 8, 2022, 8:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by captaindreadable
Hi all on another ET flight early Jan.
Has there been any record of the min bid amount reducing or increasing the closer the day of the flight arrives? Not sure if i should put my min bids in now or wait..
Nope. It doesnt change unless the system variables are changed.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by B747-437B
thanks very much.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by B747-437B
thanks very much.
Old Dec 18, 2022, 6:00 pm

Programs: OZ & BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott & Accor Plat
Strange - flying HKG to BKK tonight 19/12 (in 14 hours) and it’s C7/J7/D7 and still Y open too.

I bid the min + 15 EUR and no emails at the 48hr or 24 hour mark…
Old Dec 19, 2022, 3:09 am

Programs: OZ & BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott & Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Bobdh13
Strange - flying HKG to BKK tonight 19/12 (in 14 hours) and it’s C7/J7/D7 and still Y open too.

I bid the min + 15 EUR and no emails at the 48hr or 24 hour mark…
T minus 6 hours my bid was accepted at 110 EUR
Old Dec 22, 2022, 11:09 am

Programs: OZ,DL,KE
DEL-ADD 787 (Q) $340 - Did not bid
ADD-ARN 77L (Q) $360 - Bid $370, card charged 6h before, notification email received 4h23min before flight. 8h overnight flight so hopefully worth it. Upgraded to Z, so no miles credited.

EDIT: After the flight, I noticed that upon upgrade, there is an ET FF number associated with the ticket (it wasn't there before the upgrade). I have no idea who's FF number is as I have not signed up for Sheba Miles. I was going to have the miles credited to another *A program but obviously now it gets complicated. Is it a scam from some employee trying to steal the miles, or do they have the habit of forcefully signing up customers to their FF program?

Last edited by arquin; Dec 30, 2022 at 3:21 pm
Old Jan 25, 2023, 3:42 am

Programs: Eurobonus
Observed:

OSL-ADD: 355 minimum
ADD-OSL: 465 minimum

We are three, so didn't try.

I suppose last minute upgrade at check in is not lower?
Old Jan 25, 2023, 4:12 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus
Originally Posted by Jetboi
Observed:

OSL-ADD: 355 minimum
ADD-OSL: 465 minimum

We are three, so didn't try.

I suppose last minute upgrade at check in is not lower?
I believe it is usually much higher.
That said, for flights departing Addis, the ET crew will often ensure their family members and friends are upgraded to business. This is especially true for US-bound flights but also on EU routes. So if you try and pay for a last-minute upgrade at the airport, you might end up in a fight with ET staff, as they are not happy to process it. As usual. If you want to fly C, better to book this in advance.
Jetboi likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.