Thoughts on Royal Air Maroc from JFK?

Old Feb 10, 2017, 9:41 am

Programs: SPG, AA, United
Originally Posted by jdhnyc
Good to read this thread. If anyone has any advice, reviews, or data points on upgrading from economy for this route, I'd appreciate it! I'm interested in doing so on an upcoming trip. Thanks!
I think based on what my wife experienced, don't expect too much in terms of service, but the plane should be nice.
Originally Posted by Long Train Runnin
Sounds good enough. I am going at the end of the month. I will be sure to update this thread with a first hand report.
That will be great! My wife and I may be planning to go to CMN for our anniversary, so another pov would be great.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 8:49 pm

Thanks SamirD! Luckily I'm pretty low maintenance service-wise so sounds good to me.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 3:40 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, United
Thanks SamirD! Luckily I'm pretty low maintenance service-wise so sounds good to me.
I'm the same, so I wonder how much my opinion will differ from my wife, although I do notice aloofness and not be engaged in your job very easily since I get rid of employees in my own businesses that do that. ^
Old Mar 2, 2017, 6:26 pm

How would I find award availability on AT via use of EY or IB miles?
Old Mar 3, 2017, 9:15 am

mrstraveler- I'm not 100% sure on this. I think you might need to call the airline(s) directly.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 12:17 pm

mrstraveler- I'm not 100% sure on this. I think you might need to call the airline(s) directly.
Great, exactly what I didn't want to hear. Based upon reading different experiences on forums and blogs both EY and IB agents are not very reliable or properly trained when it comes to partner redemptions particularly on AT
Old Mar 8, 2017, 2:09 pm
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Okay so I just got back from a JFK-CMN round trip on Royal Air Maroc.

Just wanted to take a minute and give some feedback to help the FT community.

It's an okay enough flight. The best part of it is the time savings over connecting in Europe.

Plane was in pretty rough shape for a 787 that can't possibly be that old. Entertainment selection was pretty poor there were like 10 English TV shows half of which were The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. About a dozen movies. Some which were on the IFE back in August of this year on AA so hardly the newest releases. IFE screen had USB and under seat power plugs were both non functioning on both trips.

I would say it was 32in pitch but 9 across is tight on the 787. Although loads were light most people were able to spread out and at least have an extra middle.

Service and meals were both pretty rough. No water runs or anything like that after the meal services. On the red eye I went back to the galley for some water found both flight attendants were sleeping in the jump seats. They did leave some cups and drinks out on the counter so you could help yourself. I will post the pictures of the meals served. Domestic US carriers meals are better frankly.

Business class buy ups were available both ways at check in for 1000USD. No way I'd pay that much to try their biz product.

I'll be happy to answer any other questions if I didn't cover it here.

Name:  IMG_20170225_225443.jpg
Views: 1824
Size:  589.9 KBName:  IMG_20170226_024421.jpg
Views: 1761
Size:  513.9 KBName:  IMG_20170304_162457.jpg
Views: 2003
Size:  525.1 KBName:  IMG_20170304_211805.jpg
Views: 1943
Size:  451.9 KB
Old Mar 18, 2017, 8:00 pm

Thanks so much for the info, Long Train Runnin! I'm flying in less than a month and I like knowing what to expect. Will definitely remember to bring a full water bottle with me! I'm glad you could give the data point on the upgrade, I was eager to see what it would be. Agreed that $1,000 is way beyond what I'd pay.

One thing I do want to ask you is about seat assignments. When were you able to choose yours? I can't get mine on the website, through the airline, or through the OTA. I've heard it's possible at online check-in but others say I might need to wait until I get to the airport.

Last edited by jdhnyc; Mar 18, 2017 at 8:02 pm Reason: added a question
Old Mar 19, 2017, 7:15 am
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Thanks so much for the info, Long Train Runnin! I'm flying in less than a month and I like knowing what to expect. Will definitely remember to bring a full water bottle with me! I'm glad you could give the data point on the upgrade, I was eager to see what it would be. Agreed that $1,000 is way beyond what I'd pay.
You are quite welcome. That is what FlyerTalk is all about. Sharing useful information to help other flyers.

One thing I do want to ask you is about seat assignments. When were you able to choose yours? I can't get mine on the website, through the airline, or through the OTA. I've heard it's possible at online check-in but others say I might need to wait until I get to the airport.
The seat assignments thing was something I never fully resolved. When it ticketed I had an aisle seat assignment on both legs. I was never ever to get the website to let me change it. I was happy enough with the seat that I never pressed the issue. Although with the load factors I saw in my very small sample size I would say getting your choice of seat shouldn't be to hard even if it does come down the airport. I know that sucks especially on a TATL, but the IT is what it is with RAM I think. I suppose you could try calling them, but who knows what that experience would be like.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by Long Train Runnin
You are quite welcome. That is what FlyerTalk is all about. Sharing useful information to help other flyers.

The seat assignments thing was something I never fully resolved. When it ticketed I had an aisle seat assignment on both legs. I was never ever to get the website to let me change it. I was happy enough with the seat that I never pressed the issue. Although with the load factors I saw in my very small sample size I would say getting your choice of seat shouldn't be to hard even if it does come down the airport. I know that sucks especially on a TATL, but the IT is what it is with RAM I think. I suppose you could try calling them, but who knows what that experience would be like.
Gotcha. Thanks for the info. Booked through an OTA and neither the OTA nor the airline will give me a seat assignment. Not too worried based on what you said.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 8:43 pm

Has anybody been successful booking this route with EY miles?
Old Nov 20, 2018, 12:17 pm

Programs: Brand loyalty is for suckers
Originally Posted by mrstraveler
Has anybody been successful booking this route with EY miles?
Answering this way late, so not sure if ypu're still interested, but just booked JFK-CMN x 2 in J via EY/Amex and it was easy. Signed up for a Safar Flyer account first to find availability, confirmed with AY agent over the phone (on first attempt), transferred the miles and then booked. 44k Amex points each way.

One little snag for getting the award availability to show on AY's end -- see my thread about it here.

How to get Royal Air Maroc award availability to show!
Old Dec 8, 2018, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by OhDoctor
Answering this way late, so not sure if ypu're still interested, but just booked JFK-CMN x 2 in J via EY/Amex and it was easy. Signed up for a Safar Flyer account first to find availability, confirmed with AY agent over the phone (on first attempt), transferred the miles and then booked. 44k Amex points each way.

One little snag for getting the award availability to show on AY's end -- see my thread about it here.

How to get Royal Air Maroc award availability to show!

Thank you for the update. First time hearing about Safar Flyer, I may have to look into it...I have an Expert Flyer account is it better? As for scoring Royal Air Maroc awards, I managed to find U availability on BA RAK-LGW-JFK using some Avios I had to unload.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 7:27 pm

Programs: Brand loyalty is for suckers
Safar Flyer is RAM's frequent flyer program. You can sign up for an account to look for award availability in advance of calling Etihad, rather than having them look for you.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.