FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Middle Eastern and African Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-middle-eastern-african-airlines-471/)
-   -   RJ to EY connection at AMM -- advice please (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-middle-eastern-african-airlines/1638674-rj-ey-connection-amm-advice-please.html)

More Champagne Sir? Dec 19, 2014 11:47 am

RJ to EY connection at AMM -- advice please

Hello all, would be grateful for any insights or tips you can offer.

I find myself flying Aqaba - Amman - Abu Dhabi. AQJ-AMM is RJ J, connecting to AMM-AUH on EY J. I arrive AMM 0915 and have 1h25m connection to depart at 1040. These are separate tickets.

A few questions:

1) is this realistically doable?
2) will RJ tag my bags in Aqaba all the way to AUH (interline and separate ticket).
3) What is the best way to transit at AMM airport (both with and without bags).
4) Anything else I should know? Or tips you can offer?

Thanks in advance and merry festive season!

Indelaware Dec 21, 2014 2:56 pm

1. Yes
2. Almost certainly
3. Small airport, just walk gate-to-gate
4. Relax

More Champagne Sir? Dec 21, 2014 3:30 pm

That's really great news. Many thanks Indelaware! ^

edy4eva Dec 22, 2014 4:11 pm

You will still need to go to the EY check in desks to get your boarding pass and to ensure your bags ID are entered into the system. It'll be good if you check in online this way if you make it to the EY desks late you'll be in a better position.

More Champagne Sir? Dec 22, 2014 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by edy4eva (Post 24038823)
You will still need to go to the EY check in desks to get your boarding pass and to ensure your bags ID are entered into the system. It'll be good if you check in online this way if you make it to the EY desks late you'll be in a better position.

Thanks, good advice. Will definitely OLCI the day before.

Rami Tamimi Dec 24, 2014 3:44 am

More Champagne Sir?

Note that the transfer procedure for AQJ flights is different. You would be bussed from the plane to the arrivals hall,and end up exactly in the baggage claim area (skipping immigration,but not customs). Get out of customs,go outside,get an elevator to level 4, use one of the entrances (2,3,4), go through passport control,and immigration. Pretty much this is the only way to do it. If AQJ flight leaves on time,you would have plently of time to spare in AMM.

As for baggage,it all really depends on the agent,but most of the RJ agents in AQJ are useless,so it would greatly help if you can cope with hand baggage only.

PS: The actual flight time is 35 minutes,which is less than advertised.

PPS: Do not search for a lounge in AQJ,there is not one)))),and dont arrive there more than at T-60min

More Champagne Sir? Dec 26, 2014 6:55 am

Thanks for the further advice Rami.

Unfortunately these sectors are part of a larger trip which I'm already on and Hand Baggage Only is not an option. Will keep my fingers crossed for a competent agent at AQJ and on-time flights!

Very good advice re AQJ airport - will enjoy an extra 30 mins in bed at the IC!

Rami Tamimi Dec 27, 2014 12:27 am

More Chamagne Sir,

No problem at all,let me know if you have any more questions.

By the way:if you are staying at Intercontinenal ,you can use the free shuttle bus to the airport.Saves you 10JD taxi fare. If i remember correctly it leaves at 7am for the 8 25 flight,but do double check with the reception the night before!

More Champagne Sir? Dec 28, 2014 9:13 am

Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi (Post 24057475)
More Chamagne Sir,

No problem at all,let me know if you have any more questions.

By the way:if you are staying at Intercontinenal ,you can use the free shuttle bus to the airport.Saves you 10JD taxi fare. If i remember correctly it leaves at 7am for the 8 25 flight,but do double check with the reception the night before!

Thanks again, and you are indeed correct, 0700 for the morning RJ shuttle. Very pleasant hotel, currently relaxing in the Club Lounge awaiting a cheeky happy hour G&T!

More Champagne Sir? Dec 29, 2014 12:57 am

To close the loop on this:

-- RJ did check my bags through to EY AQJ-AMM-AUH on separate tickets ^
-- AMM-AQJ flight arrived 20 mins early, with separate J bus to terminal ^
-- No problem with very easy transit upstairs and to EY check-in ^
-- Though EY flight delayed by two hours :td:

Thanks all again.

Rami Tamimi Dec 29, 2014 3:10 am

Glad everything (or nearly everything) worked out well for you,hope you enjoyed the lounge in AMM,and your flight with Etihad!