Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Egyptair can't find reservation in MMB

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2014, 8:32 pm
Original Poster

Egyptair can't find reservation in MMB

Hi folks just bought two internal one way flights on Egyptair. The travel in Egypt is in early March. I have emails with conformed reservations plus my CC has been charged, Booking does not appear in MMB or checkmytrip. Is this normal. Is there a time lag for reservation to post? It's night in the US and can't call resevations.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Why does everyone assume that every airline uses AMADEUS and therefore you can use MMB and Checkmytrip.com?

Perhaps you can only access your booking through MS's website?
Old Dec 14, 2014, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Why does everyone assume that every airline uses AMADEUS and therefore you can use MMB and Checkmytrip.com?

Perhaps you can only access your booking through MS's website?
No assumption was necessary. A simple Google search revealed that Egyptair uses AMADEUS and as such checkmytrip was the alternative to the airlines website which I had already used.

I called Egyptair in the US. Turns out I had to use the passenger's first name for some reason in tandem with the PNR as he claimed that's how it was in the system. Not sure what that really meant because I did sign in (using first name) while talking to him and the passenger names are listed correctly in all tickets. On querying the need to sign in with the first name he was quite nonchalant in stating that was how it was in the system and that "first name, last name, they don't really cares...there is no problem."

Upshot is I can now access the reservation on both the Egyptair site and checkmytrip to monitor any changes to the flights which are almost 3 months away.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.