Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Sinai flights to/from TLV

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2014, 3:38 am
Original Poster

Air Sinai flights to/from TLV

Usually, Air Sinai operates 5 weekly flights from CAI to TLV. This weekend, however, they fly 7 daily trips, using A330 widebodies. That's 7 flights on Friday, 7 on Saturday, 6 on Sunday. Anyone knows why?

Shuly
Old Apr 12, 2014, 6:12 am

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by shuly
Usually, Air Sinai operates 5 weekly flights from CAI to TLV. This weekend, however, they fly 7 daily trips, using A330 widebodies. That's 7 flights on Friday, 7 on Saturday, 6 on Sunday. Anyone knows why?

Shuly
7 daily?!? where did you see that?
Old Apr 12, 2014, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gordo6
7 daily?!? where did you see that?
Israel Airport Authority website, http://www.iaa.gov.il
And you can see the actual flights on flightradar24.com
They use widebodies for all of them, as far as I could see.

My guess is that these are massive shipments of African refugees to "a third country". A reversed exodus for passover, if you wish. But it's just a hunch, I have no evidence. Perhaps someone who was/is at the airport could tell us.

Shuly
Old Apr 15, 2014, 2:15 am

The amount of unsubstantiated crap in this forum...

For Egyptian Copts visiting Israel for Easter:
http://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Egy...unished-348458
nancypants likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by orthar
The amount of unsubstantiated crap in this forum...

For Egyptian Copts visiting Israel for Easter:
http://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Egy...unished-348458
Thanks for clarifying the issue (I'll ignore your language). Still, the article states that "Egyptian airlines had raised the number of flights to Israel from four to 12 a week". I'm talking about 20 flights (mostly 330, some 777) in three days.

Shuly
Old Apr 16, 2014, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
I highly doubt it has anything to do with removing illegal immigrants for a number of reasons. One of which is they aren't sent via Cairo due to security reasons. They are also flown on government money, which likely isn't contracting Air Sinai of all airlines.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 12:40 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, SPG Platinum / Ambassador / Lifetime Gold, Avis FIRST
I'm fascinated by the secrecy and CIA style planes 4D flies between CAI and TLV.

A colleague of mine had to go to a meeting in Israel shortly after a vacation in Egypt. He was only finding options on RJ and TK. I told him about 4D and when he arrived in Egypt he tried to book a flight. He couldn't at the ticket counter in CAI (can you believe it?) and was only able to get on the plane because his hotel concierge took him to a specific travel agency in central Cairo where he had to pay cash only (!) for a confirmed ticket.

He said the flight was fine and non-eventful.

Still, very interesting.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 11:25 am
Original Poster

More Air Sinai flights

Between today, Sunday 00:35, and tomorrow, Monday 20:30, I counted 27 Air Sinai take-offs from TLV to CAI. Amazingly, only two corresponding landings at TLV. Information from the Israeli Airports Authority.

Shuly
Old Feb 27, 2016, 4:50 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Getting Ticket on Air Sinai

Last year I made a YouTube video on getting a ticket on Air Sinai.

It's pretty difficult as you can see in the video, basically all travel agencies can temporary hold and confirm a seat for you, but can not accept your payment because very few have agreement with 4D. One of the only way is to visit Egyptair offices or book through their phone numbers.

If you are wondering how it feel like to be on this faked airline, I posted my experience video. It's pretty interesting...

Old Feb 27, 2016, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by Charles Huang
It's pretty difficult as you can see in the video, basically all travel agencies can temporary hold and confirm a seat for you, but can not accept your payment because very few have agreement with 4D. One of the only way is to visit Egyptair offices or book through their phone numbers.
A good travel agent, after making the 4D reservation knows that a ticket can be issued with an MS validation.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Charles Huang, fascinating video and story. Interesting that they have 4 flights a week yet the plane seemed mostly empty.

As for the reason for the secrecy, pretty sure it has to do with the politics in Egypt and NOT Israel. Israel wouldn't have security concerns of the airline identifying itself and such as there's no issues of RJ flying between TLV and AMM, and LY once even had a routing to Egypt.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 9:55 am

Programs: Aeroplan

I think its empty because its so expensive... its only 1 hour flight but cost $450 USD for one way or $590 round trip on economy. You can easily fly from New York to Cairo for that price.

Originally Posted by joshwex90
Charles Huang, fascinating video and story. Interesting that they have 4 flights a week yet the plane seemed mostly empty.

As for the reason for the secrecy, pretty sure it has to do with the politics in Egypt and NOT Israel. Israel wouldn't have security concerns of the airline identifying itself and such as there's no issues of RJ flying between TLV and AMM, and LY once even had a routing to Egypt.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How much would it have cost to fly CAI-AMM-TLV?

That's crazy expensive!
Old Feb 29, 2016, 7:11 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by joshwex90
How much would it have cost to fly CAI-AMM-TLV?

That's crazy expensive!
I created a dummy booking using my Corporate Tool, dates in April:

about USD 241.00 OW
about USD 400.00 RT

Still fairly expensive...
Old Sep 14, 2016, 8:27 am

I have to travel to Israel in December. Im thinking about flying into Cairo for a few days then trying to book Airsinai to tlv. Just like the great video posted above, Ive emailed & phoned with no avail. I did happen to find online availability ($442 r/t) on us.Globehunters.com via Dohop.com. If I do end up going this route successfully ill update everyone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.