Recent Egyptair Business Class Experiences?

Old Jul 4, 14, 10:47 am

Programs: miles & more , AEGEAN miles&bonus GOLD
[QUOTE=dvd;23141661]Recent business class experience:

Very bad service/very bad cabin quality. Service was rude, seat was falling apart, screen was totally rancid. Just gross. Would never fly with them again. Take a look at the pictures...

what was the route please?
Old Jul 5, 14, 2:29 am
dvd

[QUOTE=manthos;23143160]
Originally Posted by dvd View Post
Recent business class experience:

what was the route please?
PEK-CAI
Old Sep 2, 14, 12:22 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold
I was able to change most of my flights to LH, but I did fly MS CAI-CPH in business. Sorry for bad photos, I hadn't planned on taking them but then remembered this thread. My notes:

(1) Lounge in CAI was pretty poor. Just a room with some seating and not great pastries. Very crowded, we left quickly. I was surprised as it is their main airport and it was in the international section. It looked a lot like the domestic terminal lounge.

(2) Boeing 737. Basically domestic USA first class seats with a footrest. Not very comfortable as seats, but not terrible for 4 hours during the day. A LOT of legroom; my feet barely hit the footrest, much more spacious than domestic US business/first. Pillow and blanket provided on every seat. Overheads were fine and had plenty of space. Plane was clean (but not a new plane).

(3) Service was pretty friendly, but they disappeared in between official things like drink or meal service.

(4) Pre-departure juice, water served

(5) Food pretty poor. I had ordered vegetarian and my wife took the normal meal fish option. Special meal was steamed veggies, rice, steamed eggplant. Dousing it with the salad dressing from the salad course and salt helped. Wife's meal was same as mine except instead of eggplant she had a piece of fish that looked grilled. Power bars to the rescue. Dessert was a vanilla custard or a chocolate tart; took the chocolate and it was kind of a really dry puffed rice with chocolate thing. It was dry, but tasted ok, and with coffee was actually fine. (Their coffee tasted pretty good to me, but I'm not sure if I'm just used to the new UA stuff.) Dishes were quite pretty with Egyptian patterns; I was surprised to see that.

(6) IFE was pretty good, but sort of random. But plenty of good choices to fill 4 hours.

Aside from the flight, the boarding and plane itself were kind of chaotic. We had a guy in business board with five extra people and somehow, after much discussion, score them seats in business too -- including kids that kept running around the aisle getting in the way of the FAs. Boarding was four flights all at once, being run through a gauntlet that choked into a single file line for additional security screening. Luckily we had gone down early, but a LOT of people were at risk of missing flights during the 45 minute ordeal. So, go early and don't buy water as you'll have to dump it.

Rest of CAI was actually pretty nice, about on par with a good American airport with plenty of options.

Old Sep 16, 14, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by Shareholder View Post
Appreciate the reviews here. At the moment i have an award on SAA JNB-MUC in late August in business, but may have to move it to later in the month or very early September and the only option is EgyptAir JNB-CAI-MUC...seems to be available every day. I suppose I can survive an overnight dinner flight without wine, though the A330 has an old style semi-layflat seat as reported. Meal catered from JNB should be better than one originating at CAI so that shouldn't be an issue.

Just curious about the drinks offering though. Is there a good range of fruit juices, like pomegranate? A decent amenity kit?
Did you fly this? How was it

I am thinking of flying CAI-YYZ at the end of Nov where it appears to be a A330
(not sure if it is aA330-200 or 300).

Any experiences on this plane? The Egypt Air website says A330 so I think that the A330-200?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: