Wiki Posts
Search

SAA Biz class seating A346

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2013, 5:10 am
Original Poster

SAA Biz class seating A346

Hi All

I am flying HKG/JNB return on the A346 in biz on a redemption ticket.

I wanted to sit in 1A, but am worried about climbing over the person next to me...

When the seats turn into beds, doe the foot of the seat touch the bulkhead? or will there be any space to manouver out?

Any other seat recommendations? thanks in advance
Old Aug 16, 2013, 4:03 am

Programs: BA BD SA
I have never chosen the front row on this craft for several reasons. I dislike bulkheads in general and in this case you lose out on the handy shoe locker and cubby hole that the other seats have below and in the seat in front of them. The bassinets are in 1A and 1K. (If you choose 1A and someone wants the bassinet you could get moved.)

There is a little room between the seat and the bulkhead when in bed mode depending on whether or not the sleeping pax in 1D overhangs the end of the bed. There is a picture here.

All the seats have a grab handle built into the back of the shell that makes it easy to steady yourself as you clamber over another person. Obviously at the bulkhead this facility is lacking. So to avoid having to step over my neighbour or have someone step over me I always choose middle seats. On this overnight flight you aren't going to be seeing much out of the window anyway so there is really no advantage in a window seat for a single traveller IMO.

The most desirable seats are usually deemed to be in the front, left quarter of the cabin as this section is served by the most senior cabin crew. My choice would be 2D or 3D.
Old Aug 16, 2013, 5:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cheetah_SA
I have never chosen the front row on this craft for several reasons. I dislike bulkheads in general and in this case you lose out on the handy shoe locker and cubby hole that the other seats have below and in the seat in front of them. The bassinets are in 1A and 1K. (If you choose 1A and someone wants the bassinet you could get moved.)

There is a little room between the seat and the bulkhead when in bed mode depending on whether or not the sleeping pax in 1D overhangs the end of the bed. There is a picture here.

All the seats have a grab handle built into the back of the shell that makes it easy to steady yourself as you clamber over another person. Obviously at the bulkhead this facility is lacking. So to avoid having to step over my neighbour or have someone step over me I always choose middle seats. On this overnight flight you aren't going to be seeing much out of the window anyway so there is really no advantage in a window seat for a single traveller IMO.

The most desirable seats are usually deemed to be in the front, left quarter of the cabin as this section is served by the most senior cabin crew. My choice would be 2D or 3D.
Thank you SOOOOOOOO much that is VERY helpful indeed
Old Aug 18, 2013, 3:09 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Agree with Cheetah_sa. I always take the middle section on the 340-600 and aim for rows 2-4 as its easy access to the aisle and nobody climbing over me in the night. It's a busy galley behind row 7 so I like to be a few rows ahead of that. Enjoy the flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.