Wiki Posts
Search

Overnight layover in Amman

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2017, 8:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
more like "they want premium tourists and not the cheap tourists on $300 all-inclusive packages for whom the only consideration is the price".
Can it command that premium though?
Old Oct 27, 2017, 9:18 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
more like "they want premium tourists and not the cheap tourists on $300 all-inclusive packages for whom the only consideration is the price".
Hotels, need maids, restaurants need cooks and waiters - even falafel stands need customers. There should be room for tourists of all social strata. RJ should encourage free transit visas - it would benefit them greatly and overall benefit the economy.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 9:54 am

some of the group tours (that include the visa) I've seen are quite reasonably priced.many are in combination with Jerusalem/Bethlehem visits , not just expensive Petra or club med .
Old Dec 12, 2017, 9:29 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
How easy is it to get the visa on arrival and then get into the city? I have a 9 hour layover, arriving from ATH around 5:30pm and don't leave for BKK until 2:55am. I've got friends in Amman and would love to go in and meet them for dinner, but don't know if this is more of a hassle then it's worth. I also don't know if I should try and avail myself of the hotel or just stay in the lounge (I worry that napping in the hotel will just keep me awake all night on the flight to BKK.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 10:34 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Depends on your friendship Availing the Free hotel will certainly push all the costs to Jordan and residents friends.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 10:57 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Originally Posted by ashkale
Depends on your friendship Availing the Free hotel will certainly push all the costs to Jordan and residents friends.
LOL - true!
Old Feb 3, 2018, 9:07 pm

I’ve got a connnection in AMM coming up and trying to check what’s the current policy. I’ll be flying FRA-AMM-JED on RJ on an AA award ticket in business.

Does anyone know for sure/from experience whether or not AA award tickets get a free hotel night or not? If they do, would it be worth going to the hotel for an 8:05 layover (landing at 2055, taking off at 0500), or would I be better off just staying at the Crown Lounge?
Old Feb 4, 2018, 7:37 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Originally Posted by Cmb3248
I’ve got a connnection in AMM coming up and trying to check what’s the current policy. I’ll be flying FRA-AMM-JED on RJ on an AA award ticket in business.

Does anyone know for sure/from experience whether or not AA award tickets get a free hotel night or not? If they do, would it be worth going to the hotel for an 8:05 layover (landing at 2055, taking off at 0500), or would I be better off just staying at the Crown Lounge?
I had a 14 hour layover on an AA award ticket in coach and got denied the hotel back in October.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by NYTA
I had a 14 hour layover on an AA award ticket in coach and got denied the hotel back in October.
Oh well, I suppose there are worse places to spend 8 hours than the Crown Lounge. Definitely not paying $120 a night for that hotel based on tripadvisor reviews and the fact that by the time I get through immigration, get to the shuttle, and check in I'll maybe be able to get 4 hour sleep.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 5:29 pm

Programs: OW Emerald(RJ), SA Gold(Turkish Elite)
Originally Posted by Cmb3248
Oh well, I suppose there are worse places to spend 8 hours than the Crown Lounge. Definitely not paying $120 a night for that hotel based on tripadvisor reviews and the fact that by the time I get through immigration, get to the shuttle, and check in I'll maybe be able to get 4 hour sleep.
I have never stayed there but dont forget they also have the Petra hotel which is in the airport after security. Not sure about rates and reviews but its also an option.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 9:55 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)

I'm considering flying into AMM on RJ (or QR) in J on an AA award, and then picking up a paid itinerary that starts in AMM on RJ, also in J. It sounds like I wouldn't qualify for a free transit hotel, since the inbound flight is booked as an AA award, but it's unusual enough (with separate tickets and the outbound flight on RJ in paid J) that I wanted to see what people think. (I'd be happy to do a straight connection in AMM, but since the RJ flight to LHR departs at 11:30 AM, it might be difficult to avoid an overnight. The RJ award flight I see arrives at 2:40 PM, which would force an overnight. There are some inconvenient flights that land at 8:55 AM, but then I'd be worked about being checked in and making the AMM-LHR flight.)
Old Apr 20, 2019, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by zbeebo
I have never stayed there but dont forget they also have the Petra hotel which is in the airport after security. Not sure about rates and reviews but its also an option.
Does anyone have any experience with this airside hotel? Seems that it is run by the Petra Lounge operator, but I can't find a website, booking, information on rates etc. I am looking at a LHR-TLV overnight connection of about six hours and don't see leaving the airport as worthwhile. I'm a OWE so could use the Crown Lounge, but an actual bed for four-five hours in the terminal would be nice.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 3:14 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
We, 2 persons, stayed there for 4 hours. The price was JOD 95.
The price is basically per hour so for 6 hours you’d pay more.
It’s a fine place. Clean. Nothing special to talk about.
makin'miles likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.