UA-SA Intl Connection in LOS

Old Jan 3, 2013, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM
UA-SA Intl Connection in LOS

Question for more experienced African flyers:

I'd like to buy an itinerary involving an international connection (in each direction) at Lagos between United and South African. Will probably only have carry-on luggage.

Is there any real reason I shouldn't do this? Old Lagos horror stories maybe making me hesitant.

I've done plenty of connections in plenty of developing countries without incident, but mainly in South America and SE Asia, not West Africa...
Old Jan 4, 2013, 12:32 pm

Programs: TK Elite, LH FTL
I have not been to LOS for quite a while and even a few years ago the international terminal was much better than expected (heard the horror stories too). Having said this, I would not make such a connection there. Most West African airports are not set up to be transit hubs and I'm not sure whether you can even make such a connection without going landside (in which case you might need a Nigerian visa). Unless you actually want to travel to West Africa, I would rather fly straight to South Africa or make the connection in Europe.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.