SAA flights to India

Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Platinum
SAA flights to India

Hello,

I notice that SAA now flies 6 X a week to Mumbai now that Jet has pulled out of the JNB route. I also notice the aggressive marketing for SA holidays in India. Any chance, for SAA to fly to other destinations? Maybe Chennai in the Southern market?
Old Sep 17, 2012, 2:28 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Seems unlikely. They haven't run out of obscure African destinations yet and that seems to be their focus.

Looks like they want routes with no competition - couldn't even make CPT/LHR work, for example - and EK and QR must very tough to compete with for Indian destinations. Especially as QR has flights from JNB and CPT and EK flies from those and also DUR.

It is also my (quite possibly erroneous) understanding that most of the ZA Indian population have roots in north India and Gujarat in particular. So not much demand from that source for flights into the south.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Thanks ........ Thank God they started flying into Maun - finally another option besides good ol' Air Bots ........

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.