Community
Wiki Posts
Search

new Amman terminal

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2012, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

new Amman terminal

Anyone have any news on the opening time of the new Amman terminal? I originally heard spring'12, on wiki it says it is currently 85% done, and other sites indicate summer'12...any updates?
Old Jul 5, 2012, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

and another side note re RJ:

1. are all of the 342's finally AVOD equipped? I know a few were, just checking..

2. is it possible to book an award ticket with AAdvantage miles and still utilize the Zuwar stopover program? I would assume so but you know what happens when you assume..
Old Jul 5, 2012, 4:25 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by pafnyc
Anyone have any news on the opening time of the new Amman terminal? I originally heard spring'12, on wiki it says it is currently 85% done, and other sites indicate summer'12...any updates?
Came back two weeks ago and it wasn't finished. Absolute nightmare. Reckon on 3 hours to do the formalities.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 12:59 am

Programs: AA Plat - 2MM, Delta - GM
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Came back two weeks ago and it wasn't finished. Absolute nightmare. Reckon on 3 hours to do the formalities.
I'm assuming you mean check in, security and all that?

I am connecting through AMM later this month and only have 1 hour between flights (BEY- AMM- JFK). So your post has me a bit worried that even connections could be a problem.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 10:47 am

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by KimT

I am connecting through AMM later this month and only have 1 hour between flights (BEY- AMM- JFK). So your post has me a bit worried that even connections could be a problem.
If you are International departures side then shouldn't be an issue but having to go through normal check in was a nightmare.

good luck
Old Jul 9, 2012, 9:02 am

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Plat
New airport opens in 2013. I've heard informally that the push is to complete before June and the associated substantial increase in passenger load with expats, etc.

All A340s have new Y cabin and full AVOD. Seats are Recaro with 33"+ pitch and 17.5" width.

I don't think you can do Zuwar with AA mileage ticket, but then again, I haven't tried. RJ will refer you back to the original ticketing source. My suggestion would be to contact RJ and if they are able to do it, then you can schedule the necessary stopover in Amman to facilitate.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 9:04 am

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by KimT

Connections shouldn't be a problem. If you're checking in at AMM, then yes, traffic can backup substantially and check-in lines can get really long. This is due to ongoing construction. If you're staying in Jordan, my suggestion would be to fully check in at RJ's office in Amman (Seventh Circle) and when you arrive at AMM you can head straight through security.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 2:54 am

Sorry to bump an old thread... but are there any verified updates on this? Im going to be going through there early Jan and they seem very cagey on updates despite it looking like its almost finished.

I wouldnt bother with Zuwar personally. Ive tried booking it but the RJ owned tour operator that deals with it is absolutely useless.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 11:23 pm

not a hope in HULL

last week, still a building site.

back there next week, will advise status.

Ian
Old Dec 15, 2012, 4:13 am

Will follow this thread closely. Have a connection through AMM in a couple of months and would like to think the work is completed by then.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 5:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Still the old terminal today. The new one has a bunch of scaffolding on it, so looks like at least a month of work left I'd guess...
Old Dec 19, 2012, 1:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
It's a never ending story - the opening seems to be always "6 months away" I wouldn't hold my breath for anything before June 2013)
Old Dec 22, 2012, 9:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
flying RJ ex-AMM in Jan. is the line for check-in horrible even if flying J? How much time should I budget to check-in?
Old Dec 23, 2012, 6:30 am

Programs: CO NW DL AA SPG Hyatt
I can second the opinion, new terminal will not open before probably mid 2013. I fly there monthly, and a few months back was told it was scheduled to open on the King's birthday (whic I think is late January). However, last week, it still looked like a construction site.

Either way, crowded check in lines for economy are hit and miss. If you are flying economy, it is best , as mentioned before, to check in in the city office at 7th circle before you head to the airport. Otherwise allow 3 hours just in case.

As for J class, a totally different experience. Actually, very smooth and quick. Just look for the separate Crowne Class Check in office next to the regular terminal entrance. it is a dedicated business class area, looks like a small airline office. you checkin there and also do your passport control stuff, then you exit to the terminal area. Tell the police officer at the normal passport control lines that you already got your passport checked and stamped and he will wave you though.

The business class lounge in AMM is actually pleasant, with decent light food and drinks.

Just keep in mind a few things:

- Crown Class checkin is for RJ flights only
- you have to allow some time to go through security checks at the gate, and there there is no way around long lines.
- If flying economy or business on other than RJ you go through security when u first enter terminal before checkin and again at gate
Old Dec 23, 2012, 9:04 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by yauponaustin
I can second the opinion, new terminal will not open before probably mid 2013. I fly there monthly, and a few months back was told it was scheduled to open on the King's birthday (whic I think is late January). However, last week, it still looked like a construction site.

Either way, crowded check in lines for economy are hit and miss. If you are flying economy, it is best , as mentioned before, to check in in the city office at 7th circle before you head to the airport. Otherwise allow 3 hours just in case.

As for J class, a totally different experience. Actually, very smooth and quick. Just look for the separate Crowne Class Check in office next to the regular terminal entrance. it is a dedicated business class area, looks like a small airline office. you checkin there and also do your passport control stuff, then you exit to the terminal area. Tell the police officer at the normal passport control lines that you already got your passport checked and stamped and he will wave you though.

The business class lounge in AMM is actually pleasant, with decent light food and drinks.

Just keep in mind a few things:

- Crown Class checkin is for RJ flights only
- you have to allow some time to go through security checks at the gate, and there there is no way around long lines.
- If flying economy or business on other than RJ you go through security when u first enter terminal before checkin and again at gate
I am flying business on RJ. I will be coming from the Hyatt, how many hours before my flight would you say I should leave to head to the airport?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.