Involuntary Denied Boarding on RJ

Old Jan 1, 12, 6:22 am
Original Poster

Involuntary Denied Boarding on RJ

I was bumped from an RJ flight today from AMM to ORD. Three members of my party got on the flight at the last moment, but I did not. We had said we might volunteer to fly the next day but they offered only $150 per person compensation so we said we wanted to fly. They told us there were no seats and, to the best of our knowledge (we were at the Transit Desk throughout 90 minutes of chaos), they did not seek volunteers.

So I am stuck in Amman at the Golden Tulip (with no visa I can't leave the hotel), and I have 106 dinars in my wallet (= $150) and I'm feeling like a sucker. Last time I was bumped on an AA intl flight (voluntarily) I got an $800 voucher, so 106 dinars seems weak....

Do I have any rights here? Do any of the involuntary DBC rules we know in the US and Europe apply to a Mideastern airline on a flight bound for the US?

Advice and suggestions are welcome.
Old Jan 2, 12, 7:14 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
I'm going to move this thread to the Other Middle East and Africa Frequent Flyer Programs forum as it involves just one OW member airline.

Gardyloo
Oneworld moderator
Old Jan 4, 12, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by WiseFlyer View Post
I was bumped from an RJ flight today from AMM to ORD. Three members of my party got on the flight at the last moment, but I did not. We had said we might volunteer to fly the next day but they offered only $150 per person compensation so we said we wanted to fly. They told us there were no seats and, to the best of our knowledge (we were at the Transit Desk throughout 90 minutes of chaos), they did not seek volunteers.

So I am stuck in Amman at the Golden Tulip (with no visa I can't leave the hotel), and I have 106 dinars in my wallet (= $150) and I'm feeling like a sucker. Last time I was bumped on an AA intl flight (voluntarily) I got an $800 voucher, so 106 dinars seems weak....

Do I have any rights here? Do any of the involuntary DBC rules we know in the US and Europe apply to a Mideastern airline on a flight bound for the US?

Advice and suggestions are welcome.
Off the top of my head - not as far as I'm aware. Nor do they have to ask for volunteers etc.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: