Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kuwait Airways Bangkok to Manila

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2011, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Kuwait Airways Bangkok to Manila

Odd question, but I have two choices:

Thai at the ungoldly hour of 7:30am or Kuwait at a much more reasonable noon.

Three questions:

1) Only two classes are being sold by Kuwait, but the A340 appears to be a 3-class plane. The business class seatmap seems to let you choose rows 1-3 only...ie, first. So what's the story? Does buying business get you first?

2) I know this is a through flight from Kuwait the night before. What's the on-time experience here?

3) Am I crazy to even consider it? We're talking 15,000 miles for business on Thai or $425 for business (maybe first?) on Kuwait. I just hate 7am flights
Old Aug 5, 2011, 11:14 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KFG, Marriott Plat, AccorG
Haven't taken Kuwait Air, but TG does have an afternoon flight and so does PR. Also Cebu Pacific has two flights/day (but it's a low-cost carrier).
Old Aug 6, 2011, 2:14 pm

Programs: GF Black
To answer your question, please consider the following:
1) kuwait airways have very old planes, the youngest is something that has been purchased at 1997. That route to BBK surly has only business class in it. Don't expect anything of the flat seats of the entertainment system, old leather seats and mostly non-functional systems.
2) I would suggest going for Thai, unless money is a major issue for.
Old Aug 6, 2011, 6:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Originally Posted by lunardream
2) I would suggest going for Thai, unless money is a major issue for.
As I specified in my post, Thai is miles, Kuwait would be money....the question is....is it worth it to sleep in
Old Aug 6, 2011, 6:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Felix Felicis
Haven't taken Kuwait Air, but TG does have an afternoon flight and so does PR. Also Cebu Pacific has two flights/day (but it's a low-cost carrier).
The day of the week I'm looking at, Thai only has one flight, in the morning.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Please also note that unlike other Middle eastern carriers in the region, KU is a dry airline. ie no booze.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.