Programs: AA Plat for Life, Starwood Platinum, HH Gold
Middle East Airlines: Mutiny?

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...-hour-delay.do
Old May 28, 2011, 8:21 am

Programs: QF, HH
Only at Heathrow...
Old May 29, 2011, 12:50 am

Programs: GF Black
I can't believe being stuck inside the airplane for 7 hours....this is not right at all..
Old May 29, 2011, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by lunardream
I can't believe being stuck inside the airplane for 7 hours....this is not right at all..
Oh please. People are "stuck" inside airplanes for much longer than 7 hours every day. It's called a flight.

The entire story sounds like a bunch of passengers got uppity and demanded more than the crew could provide, which resulted in missing their slot. Sadly not an uncommon occurrence with passengers from some parts of the world.
Old May 29, 2011, 7:26 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
MEA failed miserably in its handling of the situation. It seems the crew failed any training they received in problem solving and resolution.You dont inflame upset pax in a confined environment - rule 101.

Second, connecting pax would have been rightly annoyed-when fatigue and jet lag set in its hardly pleasant, elderly and kids should at least have been disembarked.

Thirdly, I can tollerate even 15 hours in a plane IF its flying(which most flights out of Australia are, if not longer) - NOT if its sitting on the ground!

MEA crew are lax at best and many corners are cut, however, sitting on a grounded plane for 7 hours with random updates would drive most FT'ers crazy.

Big fail from me for MEA.

CJ
Old Jun 1, 2011, 9:48 am

Programs: GF Black
Originally Posted by B747-437B
Oh please. People are "stuck" inside airplanes for much longer than 7 hours every day. It's called a flight.
well, that's why we are here, right? cuz we are frequent flyers, by choice.

now these people are stranded in a parked flight, on the grounds, with not enough meals/drinks for anyone for that much of time. Don't they deserve to be let out at the terminal until things get clarified?
Old Jun 2, 2011, 12:39 am

Programs: QF, HH
Originally Posted by lunardream
well, that's why we are here, right? cuz we are frequent flyers, by choice.

now these people are stranded in a parked flight, on the grounds, with not enough meals/drinks for anyone for that much of time. Don't they deserve to be let out at the terminal until things get clarified?
Yes, I'd say I agree, even if they get them to stay within coo-ey of the gate. But, at the same time, there's no reason to start a revolution.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.