Experiences with Felix Airways in Yemen?

Old Dec 15, 2010, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

Experiences with Felix Airways in Yemen?

http://www.felixairways.com/

State Department warnings about Yemen aside, anyone flown them? I'm mostly interested in whether their planes take off roughly on schedule, or whether they might cancel willy-nilly. I can't find any such stats online.

I'm planning a trip to Socotra in February, so trying to figure out how to best align my award ticket to SAH with a paid ticket between SAH and SCT on Felix. All while trying to minimize too many overnight layovers at the Sheraton in Sana'a. Tricky.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 2:11 pm

Programs: LH Senator, TK Elite Plus, FB Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, PC Gold, Marriott Gold
Hi

I flew last year with Felix Airways from Salalah (Oman) via Mukalla to Socotra and returning to Sanaa. All flights took off on time and the planes looked well maintained. I had booked the ticket 'on line' but as the online booking was only a reservation tool I paid the agent once I got to Salalah. They confirmed my booking and I paid for the whole journey in cash. I was a bit worried as I had no booking reference and also when I paid I got no ticket, confirmation.. but their system found all my flights.
Socotra is a great place (although very basic!! especially after having stayed a week in 5 * hotel in Salalah) also Sanaa is very nice but I only stayed <12 hours before flying back to Europe (because of the security warning) but once there it felt safe.
Enjoy
Old Dec 19, 2010, 9:21 am

hi
Felix has regular flights to Socotra leaving from Sana'a and with a "short stop" in Aden or more often Mukalla: you will not leave the aircraft, just waiting some minutes
I often use Felix to come and go since I leave in Socotra, a paradise island. They do not cancel flights unless the weather is very bad, like in windy season (from may to agoust)
I know their way to book is unusual for people coming from Europe or America, but I have never heard of somone complaining: you can get a reservation by e-mail and pay it by cash at airport or if you prefer you can buy the ticket using a local travel agency

Last edited by Canarsie; Dec 19, 2010 at 9:32 am Reason: Removed link.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 9:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by famousbelgian
Hi

I flew last year with Felix Airways from Salalah (Oman) via Mukalla to Socotra and returning to Sanaa. All flights took off on time and the planes looked well maintained. I had booked the ticket 'on line' but as the online booking was only a reservation tool I paid the agent once I got to Salalah. They confirmed my booking and I paid for the whole journey in cash. I was a bit worried as I had no booking reference and also when I paid I got no ticket, confirmation.. but their system found all my flights.
Socotra is a great place (although very basic!! especially after having stayed a week in 5 * hotel in Salalah) also Sanaa is very nice but I only stayed <12 hours before flying back to Europe (because of the security warning) but once there it felt safe.
Enjoy
Great to get a report from a frequent flyer--thanks!

I sent our passports off for Yemen visas yesterday, so that's my last obstacle to locking this trip down. Looking forward to it...
Old Nov 26, 2013, 1:06 pm

Programs: BA GfL
Any recent experiences with Felix? I am considering flying to Socotra from Sharjah, via Mukalla, in March.

Also, if bigbrownboy did the Socotra trip I would be very interested to hear about it!
Old Dec 17, 2013, 7:17 am

I would also like to know more about Socotra!
Is it easy to get there?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.