Q: How is business class on Egypt Air 737-800

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2010, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Q: How is business class on Egypt Air 737-800

Any advice?
Old Mar 13, 2010, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Nobody ever flown business class on Egypt Air 737-800?
Old Mar 14, 2010, 6:52 am

Might help if you let us know what route you are looking at.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 7:33 am

Programs: CO NW DL AA SPG Hyatt
2 x 2 configuration similar to standard domestic F class on narrow body planes (domestic F in US and other parts of the world). Service (hot towel, meals, etc. but no alcohol) depends on flight length and is somewhat better than what you get on a typical domestic US F or European short haul business.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Thank you for your advice. I am looking at a 737-800 flight from CAI to DXB. So if I understand you correctly, these are not the longhaul Egyptair business seats?

I had once heard that Egypt Air has two versions of the 737 in operation: the 737-500 with old seats, and the 737-800 with "new" seats. But what you describe does not sound so.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 8:34 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Miles&More Senator, bmi Diamond Club Silver, Marriott Gold Elite, SPG
The MS 737-800 is a decent aircraft with 2-2 seating in C class. It is similar to American carriers in domestic F. The food is so-so, no alcohol (but there is guava juice!), service is a bit surly, and you certainly won't be impressed by the Business Class lounge in CAI. for ex-CAI to DXB, just take EK if you can. After my flights last August, I simply do not recommend anything related to MS at all.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 6:21 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
The 737 we took from CAI - SSH business class seats were like First class seats from the 1980s. They are surprisingly comfortable but certainly nothing to compare by today's standards, and I wouldn't want on a flight that you intended to sleep on. I was, however, impressed by the level of service. (I had rather low expectations.)
Old Mar 21, 2010, 12:52 am
Original Poster

So I took the flight CAI-DXB on an Egyptair 737-800.

As previous posters stated, the seats are similar to US first class seats (although a little more comfortable, I find). The service felt lackluster - maybe to be expected at 22.30 hours. I pretty much fell asleep right after takeoff, before being brought back to life one hour into the flight when the FA shook me to ask if I wanted a full dinner at midnight ...

Overall. perfectly ok for the flight duration.

On a separate note: The lack of an online check-in function is a downside. Only by pure chance I was able to check in online by using the Etihad online tool for my outbound earlier that day. I think the MS gate agent in CAI had never seen an online boarding pass before (especially not a pass saying Etiahd on top and providing an MS seat number below), but for some reason it worked in their system. Which was good because I only showed up 45 mins before departure, and check-in was closed already.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.