Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

Comfort Suites- no FTP (internet) access?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2006, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.

I'm staying at the Comfort Suites in Calgary; they have both WiFi and wired (10 Mbps) etherenet service. I want to back up files by ftp'ing them to my server, but every attempt fails. I also can't ssh into my server.

Anyone know if they are blocking this on their server level? If so, any way I can get around it? I did have someone else check from a different connection, and he was able to connect properly.
Old Oct 28, 2006, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Gargoyle
I'm staying at the Comfort Suites in Calgary; they have both WiFi and wired (10 Mbps) etherenet service. I want to back up files by ftp'ing them to my server, but every attempt fails. I also can't ssh into my server.

Anyone know if they are blocking this on their server level? If so, any way I can get around it? I did have someone else check from a different connection, and he was able to connect properly.
What I can tell you is that (a) each hotel gets their internet from a differnet providor (or, at least, I almost never run into the same providor twice, even at nearby hotels), and thus it's a question for the providor, not the hotel chain, and (b) at most hotels there is no one that knows anything about this, they instead refer you to the providor (if you're lucky enough to find someone who knows the providor's contact info! ).

So figure out who's providing the internet service there (it may be on a landing page when you first connect, or on a placard in your room, or you may have to ask at the front desk), and call them up. Only there will you (hopefully!) find someone who will even know what FTP or SSH is!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.