Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

MeliaRewards [formerly Sol Melia MAS] program

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MeliaRewards [formerly Sol Melia MAS] program

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2013, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by chongcao
Anyone know how the birthday free night would work?
Around the day of your birthday they send you an E-mail with a "personal code" that allows you to make the reservation on their website. The first time I was happy to receive it, until I looked at the details and actually tried to book...

In reality it's the 2nd night of a 2-night stay that you get free. And if I remember well, it did not work with the cheapest rates, but only with the more expensive rates. There is a long list of other limitations in the mail.
In any case, after the first year the E-mail went straight to "Deleted Items". (It's still sitting there, if anyone is interested. But it's in Spanish...)
Old Feb 24, 2013, 7:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Koby
Around the day of your birthday they send you an E-mail with a "personal code" that allows you to make the reservation on their website. The first time I was happy to receive it, until I looked at the details and actually tried to book...

In reality it's the 2nd night of a 2-night stay that you get free. And if I remember well, it did not work with the cheapest rates, but only with the more expensive rates. There is a long list of other limitations in the mail.
In any case, after the first year the E-mail went straight to "Deleted Items". (It's still sitting there, if anyone is interested. But it's in Spanish...)
Thank you! That is nice to know. I guess the best way is to book somewhere a week before or after your birthday and cooperate the free night into the whole 10 days stay to average out the disadvantage...lol
Old Feb 24, 2013, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Thank you! That is nice to know. I guess the best way is to book somewhere a week before or after your birthday and cooperate the free night into the whole 10 days stay to average out the disadvantage...lol
Their one "free" night promo was that you would get a free night on a 3 night stay for first staying for two nights. lol Made zero sense.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 7:47 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold
Every member gets free internet in Melia branded hotel only. Other brands like Sol and Tryp has different stories. only top tier get free internet on other brands.

Now the sign up bonus is 2000 instead of 750...

Also the late check-out is defined by member tiers which is sort of nice.

Lifetime Gold/Platinum is introduced as well. But sadly no mention of lifetime Silver...lol (too easy to obtain each year I guess)

Anyone know how the birthday free night would work?
How can i sign up to receive 2000 points do i need invitation or special link?
Old Feb 25, 2013, 10:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by holtju2
Their one "free" night promo was that you would get a free night on a 3 night stay for first staying for two nights. lol Made zero sense.
Well there are plenty of hotels in Spain winter time for 40 euros half board...Still a bargain
Old Feb 25, 2013, 10:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by winkny
How can i sign up to receive 2000 points do i need invitation or special link?
Might be wrong from my loosing memory...
Old Mar 19, 2013, 2:53 am

New MeliaRewards program: 2000 free points for new members and 15% discount on the next booking, if anybody needs a referal please send me a private message (250 points for me)
Old Apr 8, 2013, 3:01 pm

Programs: Skymiles, AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Emerald Executive, Priority Club
Can anyone confirm whether or not late check out is still a benefit of the program? I was told by the Gran Melia in Puerto Rico that late check out was dropped when the program changed from Mas Rewards to Melia Rewards...
Old Apr 8, 2013, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by mobil11030
Can anyone confirm whether or not late check out is still a benefit of the program? I was told by the Gran Melia in Puerto Rico that late check out was dropped when the program changed from Mas Rewards to Melia Rewards...
In level basic this benefit has dissapear, in silver status you can obtain late check out up to 2 pm, whith gold status up to 4 pm and with platinum status late check out up to 6 pm.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by piblo
New MeliaRewards program: 2000 free points for new members and 15% discount on the next booking, if anybody needs a referal please send me a private message (250 points for me)
Just to make sure: These Welcome Points can't be transfered to my Lufthansa Account, can they?
Old Apr 11, 2013, 1:44 am

Originally Posted by blueeagle3
Just to make sure: These Welcome Points can't be transfered to my Lufthansa Account, can they?
The welcome points can't be transfered to any program or member of Melia Rewards.
Old May 27, 2013, 3:22 am

Programs: AY-G, TK*S, AB-S, EY, LH, DL, UA, BA, AA, all hotel programmes
Is there a contact info for melia rewards retro-credit? I thought they awarded 10 points per dollar/euro, but I received not even 2. On the website, i only see a spanish (international) phone number...
Old May 27, 2013, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by mith
Is there a contact info for melia rewards retro-credit? I thought they awarded 10 points per dollar/euro, but I received not even 2. On the website, i only see a spanish (international) phone number...
Try to contact them in MeliaRewards facebook wall .
Old Jun 20, 2013, 1:48 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club RIP,BAEC Silver
I've just realised that there is no more half price breakfast! Looks like 10% off for silvers according to my reading of the site. Can anyone confirm?
Old Jun 20, 2013, 2:19 pm

Yes, it's true.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.