Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

MeliaRewards [formerly Sol Melia MAS] program

MeliaRewards [formerly Sol Melia MAS] program

Old Jun 17, 20, 3:48 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor & IHG Plat; Meliá & HH & Marriott & Radisson Gold
Can anyone report on whether Meliá properties are being flexible on pre-paid bookings beyond the official Meliá Covid-19 policy? I've got a July reservation at a hotel that isn't planning to reopen until after my booked stay.
Old Jul 21, 20, 3:50 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
There's an offer until 31st July for a 50% bonus when you buy points at Melia Rewards. However, they couch it with stupid conditions, such as you have to make a reservation before 31st December. So, frankly, I wouldn't touch it. If enough people ignore it, they will change such ridiculous restrictions. The other hotel programmes, when offering bonus points, give you the bonus points without adding these daft conditions. You've paid for it and you get it, all within the terms of that individual programme, no messing about. A shame, because I would like to build my Melia balance up a bit.
Old Jul 31, 20, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by Concerto View Post
There's an offer until 31st July for a 50% bonus when you buy points at Melia Rewards. However, they couch it with stupid conditions, such as you have to make a reservation before 31st December. So, frankly, I wouldn't touch it. If enough people ignore it, they will change such ridiculous restrictions. The other hotel programmes, when offering bonus points, give you the bonus points without adding these daft conditions. You've paid for it and you get it, all within the terms of that individual programme, no messing about. A shame, because I would like to build my Melia balance up a bit.
I have some melia points which will expire soon, so I have been trying to buy a small amount of points today to hold me over for another 12 months. However, I kept getting an error message “The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator.” I tried different browsers, different credit cards but no success whatsoever. Does anyone know the solution for this error? Thanks.
Old Jul 31, 20, 8:31 am

Oh, it's so bad, the IT at Melia. Had this a few times. I have just come back to it a few days later, in the hope that they would get around to fixing it. But maybe you can't wait so long? Another way to do it, apparently, is to book a refundable rate with points.
Old Jul 31, 20, 9:06 am

Oh, it's so bad, the IT at Melia. Had this a few times. I have just come back to it a few days later, in the hope that they would get around to fixing it. But maybe you can't wait so long? Another way to do it, apparently, is to book a refundable rate with points.
Thanks, Concerto, for your reply. So you experienced the same - I thought it was my computer I will try again to see if the problem fixed itself. i can wait, points not expiring for a few more weeks. I called melia general number and they gave me their privacy email address to write to. I have done that so hopefully they will fix the problem.
Old Aug 1, 20, 3:49 pm

If you've got time to wait, you'll be ok. They will eventually get around to fixing it. It's hard to believe we are already pretty much in the 3rd decade of the 21st century.
A1pax likes this.
Old Aug 3, 20, 8:52 am

If you've got time to wait, you'll be ok. They will eventually get around to fixing it. It's hard to believe we are already pretty much in the 3rd decade of the 21st century.
Thanks, Concerto. You are spot on, melia has fixed their IT problem - now I know the problem was not at my end . Today I logged on and bought the minimum amount of points to extend the existing (soon to expire) points for another year.
Old Aug 11, 20, 3:35 am

Programs: IB+ Gold, HH Gold
Hello, I have a booking coming up at a Melia hotel. I plan to use some of my Melia points to pay for things like meals and drinks whilst at the hotel. The booking is in my name, but my wife also has some Melia points in her account to burn, she will be with me... can anyone confirm that we could use Melia points from her account to pay for any of the meals / drinks? Or can they only be from my account given that the booking is in my name? If it is not possible then I will just transfer from her account to mine (assuming their IT issues have been resolved and this process is now working online!).

Thanks

Search this Thread
Search Engine: