Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

MeliaRewards [formerly Sol Melia MAS] program

MeliaRewards [formerly Sol Melia MAS] program

Old Jan 11, 20, 3:19 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond; Meliá & HH & Marriott & Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by Tofino87 View Post
It might be because [...] they don’t want to just give away free airmiles?
Precisely. If you read around on this topic, here and elsewhere, you will find reports of people successfully transferring bonus or purchased points out to airlines. But it's clearly not something Meliá intends or wants people to do.

I would certainly not recommend buying Meliá points, especially the quantity you're considering, unless I actually wanted them for Meliá hotel stays.
AndreasJ and Tofino87 like this.
Old Jan 11, 20, 3:21 am

Thank you for the quick reply! Looks like I’ll be waiting for a half decent bonus/sale on points... annoying that I recently missed the BA 50% bonus and it’s currently 30% :-/ !
Old Jan 12, 20, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by Tofino87 View Post
Thank you for the quick reply! Looks like I’ll be waiting for a half decent bonus/sale on points... annoying that I recently missed the BA 50% bonus and it’s currently 30% :-/ !
I had a look at the numbers in terms of buying Avios via Melia during the black Friday sale, and it doesn't work out particularly well. There are much better/cheaper ways to accumulate Avios. Feel free to PM me to chat further if you like.
Tofino87 likes this.
Old Jan 25, 20, 11:41 am
formerly mrshyt

Programs: IB+ Gold, HH Gold
Hello - does anyone have the Spanish based Melia American Express card?

If yes, a couple of questions as I have just signed up:

1) when do the Melia points hit your Melia account, is it once a month, end of the month or some other period / frequency?
2) there are status level upgrades available, does anyone know how long this takes? eg after 1st spend you are entitled to Silver, €5k annual spend gets you Gold, €10k annual spend gets you Platinum - does anyone know how this works? As soon as you hit the spend amount do you get bumped to the next level or is it only at the end of a year?

Thanks
Old Jan 25, 20, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by mrshyt View Post
Hello - does anyone have the Spanish based Melia American Express card?

If yes, a couple of questions as I have just signed up:

1) when do the Melia points hit your Melia account, is it once a month, end of the month or some other period / frequency?
2) there are status level upgrades available, does anyone know how long this takes? eg after 1st spend you are entitled to Silver, €5k annual spend gets you Gold, €10k annual spend gets you Platinum - does anyone know how this works? As soon as you hit the spend amount do you get bumped to the next level or is it only at the end of a year?

Thanks
1) once a month, end of your month cycle, it doesn't have to coincide with the end of the month.
2) It works as you say, from € 5,000 of spending automatically your meliarewards level becomes gold and from 10,000 platinum, you don't have to wait to complete the annual card cycle.
Old Jan 25, 20, 11:56 am
formerly mrshyt

Hi Piblo, thanks for the really quick reply. So I have had the card about 1 week, and made my first purchase as soon as I got it, so 1 week ago: I'm still on 'White' level, not Silver. I have a stay at the end of February, and I think I can realistically make the €10k spend within the next 2 weeks as I have some big purchases and travel coming up before my stay, however will I get the Platinum status in time for my 28th Feb stay? Or will I only get it in March once February's statement is 'closed'?

Thanks!
Old Jan 25, 20, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by mrshyt View Post
Hi Piblo, thanks for the really quick reply. So I have had the card about 1 week, and made my first purchase as soon as I got it, so 1 week ago: I'm still on 'White' level, not Silver. I have a stay at the end of February, and I think I can realistically make the €10k spend within the next 2 weeks as I have some big purchases and travel coming up before my stay, however will I get the Platinum status in time for my 28th Feb stay? Or will I only get it in March once February's statement is 'closed'?

Thanks!
You will get the status when the monthy statement is closed, not inmediatly that you make the necessary expense.
Old Jan 25, 20, 12:03 pm
formerly mrshyt

ok, thanks. I will try to call them and beg!
Old Apr 25, 20, 8:16 am

Programs: JK, LX, IB
HI! I am having problems getting Melia to credit my points.
I signed up to their programme in Sept 2019 and stayed at their Melia Tamarindos Level in March this year, booked on their website.
I made the claim online and got this answer :

"Estimado Sr. xxxxx, Gracias por contactar con MeliáRewards. En respuesta a la solicitud recibida, permítanos recordarle que de acuerdo a los Términos y Condiciones del programa: No generarán puntos aquellas estancias anteriores a la fecha de inscripción en el Programa, ni la primera estancia/noche, así como aquellas reservas/altas realizadas directamente en el hotel. Quedamos a su disposición para cualquier otra consulta. Reciba un cordial saludo, Ana B. Support Loyalty Technician Global Customer Loyalty & Communication Business Development - Group Marketing

From what I understand, they do not credit your points for your first stay? I searched their T&C´s but couldn't find it.

Any idea what is happening? Thanks!
Old May 1, 20, 3:44 am

Programs: FB PLATINUM IHG ACCOR
They do not offer points for stays before date of becoming member.
Old Jun 10, 20, 8:02 am

any thoughts on their new promo , buy miles get a 50% bonus. Seems to me for some hotels its a good deal.
www.melia.com
Old Jun 10, 20, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by splflyer View Post
any thoughts on their new promo , buy miles get a 50% bonus. Seems to me for some hotels its a good deal.
www.melia.com
Read in detail the conditions of the promotion that are quite restrictive.
Old Jun 11, 20, 1:55 am

Melia Rewards site keeps kicking me out when I try to look at purchasing - please can anybody advise on the cost of miles? Thanks
Old Jun 11, 20, 1:52 pm

1000 miles = 5 euro

I have silver with them, and booking with miles on some hotel on some dates... is really a bargain. eg Paris hotels in november doing like 26.000 miles .
Old Jun 12, 20, 1:53 am

The 5 euro price is already discounted. The 50% bonus will be deposited as a voucher unfortunately.

​​See my blog post here for more
splflyer likes this.

Search this Thread